Ts 2010....

Happy to see another TS event on the way for 2010... Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. Promised the wife this last spring I wouldn't be going again and having to miss Mother's day traveling back home. Mother's day 2010 is May 9th...:doh:

well i already put in for vacation and got the approved signed paper back this morning. so i'm there!

ill for sure be there with a crew of people even though it take right at 10 hours to get there...i wouldnt miss TS even if i had to save all year just to pay for that one trip

I must start planning and saving $$ for my next year, because I WANT to be there .

Do they have competition for longest travel? LOL

I must start planning and saving $$ for my next year, because I WANT to be there .

Do they have competition for longest travel? LOL

If there is, you win hands down. I usually get some funny looks when I tell people it was a 26+ hour drive. You shouldn't have too much trouble beating that. LOL

I have a question:

(and im not scrutinizing or trying to cause a problem im only asking a question)

Why does the schedule have racing and pulling on 2 days, and not racing on 1 day and pulling on the other ? Not only do we have to go back and forth 2x but we have to buy 4 tickets. Like I said im only asking cuz maybe im missing something please dont blast me .. .

Rob

I haven't talked to Dennis, so I'm guessing here, but I would be willing to bet there will be weekend passes available for all four days and that the racing and pulling on Friday will be setting up for the "Big Event" on Saturday.

Like I said, just a guess.

I haven't talked to Dennis, so I'm guessing here, but I would be willing to bet there will be weekend passes available for all four days and that the racing and pulling on Friday will be setting up for the "Big Event" on Saturday.

Like I said, just a guess.

That would be cool as far as standing in line for every event to get a ticket but im still curious why not just have one event one day and one the other ? Again im only asking not trying to cause trouble

That would be cool as far as standing in line for every event to get a ticket but im still curious why not just have one event one day and one the other ? Again im only asking not trying to cause trouble

My guess is so you get a good turnout to both events. Drag racing is not near as popular with the spectators so this way hopefully you get more people to attend both events. That just a guess on my part.

ha ha great I'll be there for 2010 finally moved somewhere a little closer it's only like 8 hours drive this time

the reason i would see for a 2 day event is so your not pulling at sunrise again...they'll have the qualifying friday night and then the eliminations and championships on saturday. Thats how i would understand it

I also imagine having qualifications friday night would help any body that qualifies, but possibly breaks something to fix what they broke over night(if possible) Or make any changes they might want before the next round.

If you qualified in the morning and had to pull again that afternoon after breaking, you might not get the time to get back to the line. This, I'm sure, is an extremely minor planning detail, but to anyone who it affects, it could be a major one.

I also imagine having qualifications friday night would help any body that qualifies, but possibly breaks something to fix what they broke over night(if possible) Or make any changes they might want before the next round.

If you qualified in the morning and had to pull again that afternoon after breaking, you might not get the time to get back to the line. This, I'm sure, is an extremely minor planning detail, but to anyone who it affects, it could be a major one.

Humm, I never thought about that end of it . .

I'll work something out, you Yankee boys need a splash of good cooking at least once a year :D

Amen to that. And you my friend, are a wizard in that department. I am planning on being there, and will help you out whichever way you may need if you are gonna cook again next year.

Funny you say that TJ since you've always been one of the first in line to get hammered. I don't remember you complaining at all over the last few years when you were cooler racing with Danny at the open house, getting your truck in a magazine during the burnout contest a couple years ago, etc. I still have pictures if you need your memory refreshed.

You act like the fact that it was a party atmosphere annoys you when the truth is...you were leading the freaking charge to the nearest alcohol every time I've seen you there.
In fact...I can't remember seeing you there without your mouth being stained some unnatural color from whatever moonshine you were drinking at the time.

I remember your first year there....you were one of the drunkest sons of *****es there.

Why don't you do me a favor and stay your ass at home this year. I wouldn't want you to have yet another great time then get online and be a freaking hypocrit about it.

im not picking sides but, if i travel through 4 states to watch $100K truck pull 10' my attention is going to be somewhere else. i had a blast last year, but that was only because the parties (drinking, country girls, meeting new people) were awesome. the main reason i went there never happened. yes some idiot who was probably drinking ruined the racing, but as far as sled pulling that was all on the track owner. if Mr. Perry and crew can insure me that next year will be more diesel related then im down on spending the cash and taking the hike, but you have to many variables 1.weather being the major factor 2. some nut head fcuking off. all in all i cant take another $1,000 hit to possible drink 4 days straight. we didnt have moonshine we had that "RED" drink:Cheer:

Your looking for Dennis to guarantee the weather and the actions of others for you to attend? I know Dennis pretty well, and his crystal ball is in the shop.

I've been to everyone for the last 5 years, from campin at the shop to cooler racing to all night pulling. See ya'll in the spring in BG!

Back