Ts Mp-8???

New2TheGame05

I WANNA PULL!!!!!
i have a bully dog triple dog on my truck now, and just stacked the mp-8, how much power am i looking to acheive? And also how does the mp-8 work exactly? i know it doesnt raise fuel pressure.

fyi.... all you sct guys out there, yes i know the sct is a better programmer, im waiting to get my egr delete and headstuds before i get the sct. i dont wanna put too much power into the truck with out the studs. $.02

well bud, a 6.0L isn't a dodge, thats a great stack for a dodge and for the amount of money u spent on the bully dog u could have had a sct. stacking a 6 oh your gunna have problem no matter. its a great dodge ideal, but not the brightess ford ideal.

i have a bully dog triple dog on my truck now, and just stacked the mp-8, how much power am i looking to acheive? And also how does the mp-8 work exactly? i know it doesnt raise fuel pressure.

fyi.... all you sct guys out there, yes i know the sct is a better programmer, im waiting to get my egr delete and headstuds before i get the sct. i dont wanna put too much power into the truck with out the studs. $.02

ok so let me get this strait your not running SCT because you think those are the only ones that blow headgaskets? but yet you do a stack!?!?!. I am sorry but this is a lame excuse because with stacking who knows the timing now and the cylinder pressure. I hope your saving up for a new tranny too. Do yourself a favor and yank both of those off and get an SCT...you know the tuners write specific tunes for your truck you DO NOT have to run the most powerful tune

i baught the bullydog 3 years ago, and the mp8 was given to me for free. kinda hard to buy an sct with only $50 to your name. :shake:

i baught the bullydog 3 years ago, and the mp8 was given to me for free. kinda hard to buy an sct with only $50 to your name. :shake:

If you can't afford to pay, don't play. Drive it stock until you have the money to do it right AND pay for anything that goes wrong.

i do pay to play, and just because i dont have an sct doesnt mean that im not doing it right. all i asked for was how much power to expect from stacking the mp8 with my triple dog, i didnt asked to get blasted about how much better sct is, guess what, i know sct is a better product, and everyone has them. when i first baught the bullydog, i didnt have any plans on building the truck like i do now. but 13.79 in the 1/4mi isnt too schabby with a bully dog. esp when there were 2 other fords running the sct and only ran 14.40s. So like i said, yes i know sct is a better programmer, and yes i will be buying a sct livewire in the near future. so stop blabbering me about getting an sct*bdh*

Sounds like you shouldn't stack it, that would burn more fuel and $50 won't get ya very far.

The SCT is FAR safer than just the bullydog. The generic tuners (bullydog, banks, and so on) actually have terrible effects because of timing. If you've ever seen the spray patterns on the pistons from generic tuners you'd know that the timing is terrible and causes cylinder pressures to sky rocket. Custom tuned SCT's will have a nice pattern sprayed right into the pistons bowl, where it should be. The SCT is the best and the safest. Not to mention the detrimental effects the generic tuners have on the transmisson's. For tranny tuning alone, it's worth it to get the SCT.

You say you only have $50... sell the bullydog on ebay as well as that MP-8, then you should have more than enough to buy a used SCT from one of the pwoerstroke forums and its only $50 for a tune or $80 for an extreme tune from Eric. Money well spent IMO.

Same bed/cab configurations, a custom tune SCT will beat a bullydog truck down the track all day long.

Also to answer your question, whatever it puts down, its not as much as a custom tuned SCT. If they could get more power, they would. The only thing this will result in is more timing and blowing headgaskets.

You asked, and you got your answers. Dont take offense to this because its not what you wanted to hear, these guys are just trying to help. We hate to see someone waste their money on something that just doesn't work as well.

anyone know of anyone wanting to buy an mp8? or bullydog triple dog with outlook monitor? im buying an sct livewire this weekend:rockwoot:

Agreed, ebay it or maybe craigslist. Most of the guys on the forums either have an SCT or are selling their other product (banks, bullydog, etc) to get an SCT!

Excellent choice btw! I'm glad my post didn't offend you. It wasn't my intention.

my soon to be wife just let me buy an 06 crew cab f250, now im just building it for the most mpgs possible atleast until the warranty goes up, any ideas? only thing done is 4in exhaust and accufab intake elbow

get some gauges in 'er. and them either a airdog or fass pump after you get the SCT on.

my soon to be wife just let me buy an 06 crew cab f250, now im just building it for the most mpgs possible atleast until the warranty goes up, any ideas? only thing done is 4in exhaust and accufab intake elbow

For better mileage, believe it or not larger injectors with good tuning and a good turbo will help tons. Some say they get better MPG with their SCT's, I didn't notice it (though I didn't lose any either...).

I gave up on the MPG thing a few months after I got it, because I reailzed it just wasn't worth chasing, I didn't buy it for MPG's, I bought it to beat up on ricers.

For better mileage, believe it or not larger injectors with good tuning and a good turbo will help tons.

You read some bad info on that one. Bigger injectors use more fuel(kinda the point), I lost around 4 mpg with every combo that has been on my personal truck.

Back