Tst Comp Max Rpm?

jmd025

Occasional Poster
TST PMCE users, whats the max this thing will fuel to? I know the site says 4500:blahblah1:. What real world RPM have you seen with it, and what if anything did you have to modify to allow it to fuel that high.

Also, tell me about any rotor draining that occured!

Thanks in advance guys!

JM

Post a link to the site where it says it.

Last i knew is that it would only support fueling up to 4k

This is for your 02 right, and not a 3rd gen

Mine will go between 32-3600 rpm

FAQs Section of the site, here is the paragraph :
How much power does the PowerMax, PowerMax2, PowerMax3, and PowerMax Competition add?

The non adjustable PowerMax has a power level of 65 horsepower and 160 lb-ft of torque above stock at the ground. The non adjustable PowerMax2 adds 90 horsepower and 240 lb-ft of torque at the ground. The non adjustable PowerMax3 adds 120 hp and 360 torque at the ground.

The adjustable PowerMax3 is adjustable with a remote. Level 0 = stock power, 1 = 20 hp and 40 lb-ft above stock at the ground with each step up equaling about another 15 horsepower (tapering down at the higher levels) and 40 torque at the ground.

Power Level HP Torque

0 0 0

1 20 40

2 35 80

3 50 120

4 65 160 Max for stock automatic trans

5 80 200

6 90 240 Max for stock manual trans

7 100 280

8 110 320

9 120 360

A good rule of thumb is about 120/9 = about 13 HP increase per level.

The PMCE (Competition) adds 180 HP and 450 lb-ft Torque (on level 9) for the standard engine. The HO (High Output) engine (2001-2002) already has 245 HP and the PMCE (Competition) does not make as much of a difference and adds 80HP and 310 lb-ft of Torque.

The PM3 starts cutting back at 3000 RPM. The PMCE (Competition) starts cutting back at 4500 RPM.

I know it wont fuel that high (4500), Just me and a couple other guys trying to figure what it will actually fuel to.

3500 ish was what I figured.

They were supposed to change that about 2 years ago on the website, guess they never did, my last one fueled to 3400.

No i talked to Mark and he said the TST COMP would fuel to 4500 RPM if you could get the truck to go there!

Has anyone ever tried running a redline with a tst and seeing what the outcome is?

So a VP is gonna go to 4500 rpm, fueling well, no drained rotors?

No i talked to Mark and he said the TST COMP would fuel to 4500 RPM if you could get the truck to go there!

Has anyone ever tried running a redline with a tst and seeing what the outcome is?

had mine at 4k a few times. would go 3900 all day and occasionally it would to 4k . i have had my redline go well beyond 4 countless times. 4417 was the highest i have had it. you cant put a TST and a redline together. both are straight fueling boxes and none do timing. thats the reason why you are able to run a redline or tst comp with a drag comp in ez mode or power puck and so on. cant have 2 fuel only wire tap boxes running at the same time.

I thought redline added timing, my bad!

And the 4500RPM thing came straight from Mark when i had my TST comp! And drained rotors might be a thing of the past now. But will be finding out here shortly when i get something worked out on my truck so that it can go 4K and beyond!

the only box on the market that will truely let you go beyond the 4k mark is a redline unlimited box with a few upgrages lol. normal redline will do 4k . the unlimited version will do 4500 plus or whatever your pump will allow for.

Cool Jordan. Yeah I had it to 3500 ish once. We are just having a little discussion on CF about the PMCE and I knew I could get some real world numbers here to share over there. Thanks again guys!

Josh

dang josh. you must have not been kidding when you said you were curious.

i may do what inline6power mentioned and run my comp with the tst... i really think i sholdnt listen to you anymore, your costing me too much money. :bang :hehe:

Last edited:
is there a fuel cut built in to the factory ecm?

i converted my truck from an auto to a stick and it cuts fuel (completly) at 3600

running a drag comp, but it does the same w/ it on or off

is there a fuel cut built in to the factory ecm?

i converted my truck from an auto to a stick and it cuts fuel (completly) at 3600

running a drag comp, but it does the same w/ it on or off

you are correct. thats why the redline cost so much money is becuase its basically a standalone ecm. when its on, it takes complete control over the ecm and bypasses it allowing the truck to fuel to what ever rpm your pump will turn. highest hp stack you can get for a VP truck is a redline unlimited box stacked with a drag comp in ez mode or a power puck.

Yes i want to run the unlimited box on my truck but last time we had it on here the truck ran like crap hooked to a sled, but on the street it was BAD ARSE!

Back