TST question

Yes I searched for this incase anyone is wondering.

OK im gunna put my TST on my truck truck this week when I have a chance but I was wondering. When im hooking up the Pyro for it. Is it a MUST to drill and tap for the probe or can I hook it up off of my probe of my existing guages?

Im Just not sure if it will mess up a reading or not? Just curious to what yall have to say?

You should only have the probe going to a gauge or the TST. Connecting to both will mess with the resistance of the circuit (or so I would think) and measuring resistance is how pyrometers read temperature. I would just take the gauge probe out and put the TST probe in it's place, unless you want to have both the TST and the gauge for reading temperatures, in which case I would run two probes.

I was thinking that it wouldnt work because of how they read but that was just my thoughts. I wasnt sure so I figured I would ask and hear other opinions?

I really just dont want to have another probe because this could be a temprary setup. Thats why I was asking about running them off the same probe. Any opinions would be appreciated. I would just like to know the valid reason that it wouldnt work if it doesnt.

try it and see.... watch your gauge without tst on it, plug it in and see how it does with exact same driving, the thermocouple makes voltage with heat, all gauges do is measure that voltage...

I've run my TST and an analog gauge off the same probe for 5 years. Also had them hooked up separately, with 2 probes. There's approx a 50* difference between the 2, at most, when they are both hooked up to the same probe, throughout the entire range. In other words, I saw no negligible effect of having both gauges hooked up to the same probe.

Im probably going to try it today so we shall see.

I really figured there would be more input on this.

Back