TTS and BD go 628hp!

Richard and I got together and tossed the idea around and thought it would be fun. :woohoo: Richards a great guy and NEVER turns down a challenge!

I also see it as an opertunity for us to show that we can play on the same field with our Dmaxs too!:rockwoot:

My appologies Jeremy didn't mean for this to hijack ur thread!

moss said:
as far as tranny removal, for a stock turbo i would recomend a tranny take out. but, mine was not a stock turbo. wolf, what did you guys to when you had some issuses on your when you first put your a5k on? what about your latest turbo. no need to remove

Don't forget to stock up on the gaskets between the turbo & pedastal. Heard there a real pain in a$$ when & if they blow constantly.

Well, I think I wore a broom out sweeping this one up.

Look folks. This is very, very simple. As I mentioned before, this thread is about moss and his accomplishment with his truck a few days ago. That is it. This isn't a thread to advertise a product (especially if you aren't a supporting vendor of this site), it isn't the who can write a better EFI live program thread, it's moss's thread. If you have a question or comment about moss's truck, tuning, the dyno operation that day, etc, that belongs here. References to relieving oneself on a vertical rope, general name calling, general personal bashing, etc do not belong here.

Normally we send messages to those that have posts disappear. In this case, however, that would take me most of the night.
Please respect this forum for what it is, if you have a problem with someone, take it to the private message level.

Thank you
--Scott

Moss, could yo not just drop the rear mount, tilt the motor, and get it out? .....Would that help or hinder the process?

Getting the stock one off is the real bear, the BD should be a breeze as you can take the compressor off and get to the pedestal bolts very easy. The up pipe bolts are a bit tight but with moss' long fingers it should be a breeze .

On Moss's BD we didn't need to take the compressor off, just used a long 1/2 extension w/ a swivel to get to the ped bolts. Would it have been easier to unbolt the compressor, I don't know but I had the 3 ped bolts loose & out in less then 5 minutes. If when the BD went on Jeremy didn't snug the up pipe bolts w/ an impact we could have had the turbo off & out in less then 45 minutes. I can't wait to tackle the AK5 if it doesn't snow this weekend.

as long as the studs in the new ped dont rust, it should come out easy. new gaskets are easy to get when you have local friends like stahls! they have them in drawers, "there extra's". only time will tell

Back