TTS and BD go 628hp!

Howling said:
You going to yank the trans to do the install?

changed mine out several times including pedistal without yanking the trans, i have also changed out both up-pipes and even to my suprise completly removed and reinstalled the ATS4" downpipe without so much as a jack(longend snakes toward the driversside and with a twist there it is)

CONGRATS MOSS!!!

IdahoRob said:
Hey Pat, does the dmaximizer fool the cp3 regulator? Basically changing the voltage that it sees? Does it work for the LLY, LBZ also?

Thanks,
Rob

Yes, it is an intelligent fooler for the rail pressure, hence when you run one, your pressure data logs are invalid.

We have not tested one on our trucks yet, but friends with LB7's have had good luck with them.

McRat said:
Yes, it is an intelligent fooler for the rail pressure, hence when you run one, your pressure data logs are invalid.

We have not tested one on our trucks yet, but friends with LB7's have had good luck with them.
Thanks for the info Pat,

DaleS said:
changed mine out several times including pedistal without yanking the trans, i have also changed out both up-pipes and even to my suprise completly removed and reinstalled the ATS4" downpipe without so much as a jack(longend snakes toward the driversside and with a twist there it is)

CONGRATS MOSS!!!

This I have witnessed. Well not actually, but it was either Dale or Rachel(sp?) who did it while we were at lunch and Dale was the greasy one...

McRat said:

I had one on my LB7 when I was running the H2O Meth, propane, A2000, ATS 95 hp sticks. I had a hot Juice stacked with a ATS programmer. Duramaximizer didn't do a thing. At WOT the commanded 23000 psi would only hit about 13,500 on the TECH 2. Max Payne logged it for me on the street at a Fast Specialities Dyno day the spring of 05. Either the Duramaximizer wasn't correctly working or the big sticks didn't allow the rails to build enough fuel pressure. Either way I took all that stuff off and started again after I blew a head gasket, (with studs) in the fall of 05. Dieselboats, aka Subman631.

dieselboats said:
I had one on my LB7 when I was running the H2O Meth, propane, A2000, ATS 95 hp sticks. I had a hot Juice stacked with a ATS programmer. Duramaximizer didn't do a thing. At WOT the commanded 23000 psi would only hit about 13,500 on the TECH 2. Max Payne logged it for me on the street at a Fast Specialities Dyno day the spring of 05. Either the Duramaximizer wasn't correctly working or the big sticks didn't allow the rails to build enough fuel pressure. Either way I took all that stuff off and started again after I blew a head gasket, (with studs) in the fall of 05. Dieselboats, aka Subman631.

A Tech2 will not report correct rail pressure with a Dmaximizer installed, it will read low.

The only way to test the dmaxr is at the dragstrip or on a dyno.

On Kevin's 2003 D/A, the duramaximizer + Xtreme did nothing on the dyno for horsepower. It picked up some smoke, but it wasn't able to add any rail pressure with stock CP3, stock turbo and stock injectors.

brnadon.

Hey Moss how about answering my question on why you have 45 more hp than a couple days before with no apparent changes.
The whole sudden abundance of power quite strange, I doubt that magically the TTS extreme happens to make more power than 2 years ago without a update. Unless the dyno from Danville was juiced up for better #s.

Moss has honestly not changed anything other than steve reflashing his ecm. Trust me I work on his his truck with him regulary. If you dont believe me ask smudge122 or Bobo that also help him out.

Noreaster said:
Hey Moss how about answering my question on why you have 45 more hp than a couple days before with no apparent changes.
The whole sudden abundance of power quite strange, I doubt that magically the TTS extreme happens to make more power than 2 years ago without a update. Unless the dyno from Danville was juiced up for better #s.

The TTS Xtreme tune that Jeremy is running is the same old tune on a different day on a different dyno. The changes that we made were for drivability only and I doubt they made any real big change in overall power. That said it made what it made and if your going to believe any of the other numbers from the other trucks that were run on the same day on the same dyno then Jermey's are just as valid. The way the dyno is operated can and does effect the readings it will show. As long as the operator ran the same way each and every time, which they did, then you can compare the numbers from one truck to the other from this event. Trying to compare them to any other dyno event is a waste of time.

Do I think it made 628 Vs the 540 it runs else where.......................... not any more than I believe any of the other dyno numbers from the same event.

Maybe eveyone will quit racing dyno's as you can clearly see they read different from dyno to dyno. What still holds the same is Jeremy's truck runs quicker and faster at the track with the Xtreme tune then anything else he has run.

Diesel Tech said:
That said it made what it made and if your going to believe any of the other numbers from the other trucks that were run on the same day on the same dyno then Jermey's are just as valid.
Steve I don't have the luxury of seeing any dyno #s from that event unless its posted here, I just heard of Keiths, Jeromys & Slicks. Figured they were inflated when I heard Slicks #s.

Trying to compare them to any other dyno event is a waste of time.
Well seeing that it was the same dyno & theres a 45hp difference, not like it was 2 different dynos.

Maybe eveyone will quit racing dyno's as you can clearly see they read different from dyno to dyno. What still holds the same is Jeremy's truck runs quicker and faster at the track with the Xtreme tune then anything else he has run.
Then whats the point of posting #s with the same setup? I don't know what he ran with Tonys tune on it, but he ran a 12.35 I think with stock turbo & a 12.28 with a BD.

I don't believe there are many trucks that have run your program & somebody elses at the track on the same day to justify whos is faster.

Last edited:
i have run moonshine and tts the same night! i will get info in a few.

steves post(#31) is well said. take it for what its for, if you doubt mine then....

when i first ran, the dyno guys(mark b) said i ran 583. slick ran 580. mark over laid the 2 runs and found that he didnt "figure" mine the same as slicks. with the same factors or what ever its called used on slicks run, mine made the 628 claimed hp. if i was to change something do you think i wouldnt mention it, think about it!

the first 2 runs i made i had the duramaximizer turned all the way off(but not unpluged). before the mistake was seen, my three runs were 568, 575(57?), and then 583. to make a few guys happy, i can find out what the tts-bd combo made

as far as tranny removal, for a stock turbo i would recomend a tranny take out. but, mine was not a stock turbo. wolf, what did you guys to when you had some issuses on your when you first put your a5k on? what about your latest turbo. no need to remove

Last edited:
12.34 on stock turbo, 12.21bd turbo....soon to come 11.XX on a5k

made 4 passes on the shine then 2 with the tts

according to clint my clutches are fine, so they werent changed. didnt have anything to clear the taps right away, so they never were. nothing was changed other than tuning. i will say that for me, my truck was new to drive. new turbo, different tires, different tuning. but here goes. the first 2 are the switch. first being the shine

-------------1-----2

60 ft____1.83____1.84
330ft____5.127___5.099
1/8et____7.931___7.874
1/8mph__86.53___87.68
1000'et__10.39___10.30
1000mph_99.12___99.96
1/4 et___12.47___12.37
1/4 mph__107.91__108.70

my truck was weighing 6530 that night! she got fat

the next day i did unload my truck and got it to either 6350 or 6375, i think 6350 because i had burned a lot of fuel. here is my best et and mph all on one pass here

60 ft____1.77
330ft____5.0382
1/8et____7.8079
1/8mph__87.92
1000'et__10.2320
1000mph_100.84
1/4 et____12.2823
1/4 mph___109.80

60fts are getting better, need more time. now big time special thanks to kennedy here for taking his tcm out of his truck(i think already out) and letting my use it. with his tcm, it unleashed my truck, if you where there you could of heard me saying that i thought i was going to have to lift at the big end it felt that good. my tranny has never shifted like that before! the time above was the very last pass with the co-pilot on. then i ran the ktcm heres the numbers

60 ft____1.79
330ft____5.1211
1/8et____7.9022
1/8mph__87.90
1000'et__10.3241
1000mph_100.64
1/4 et____12.3751
1/4 mph___109.78

No need to pull the trans to swap chargers.

Get a "Topside Creeper".
Pull the passenger side front wheel.
Pull the passenger side fender liner.
Have the truck up about 6" and on jackstands.

Noreaster said:
Then whats the point of posting #s with the same setup?

The problem has been too many people have figured ways to manipulate the dyno's to get the readings they want to see, so it has rendered them useless for comparing from one dyno event to another. They work great as a tool to let you know when making changes you are going the correct way. Does it matter what the numbers are.................... to some very much to others not at all.

Dyno is a tool and that is all . The track is the real test . However; that being said , some track tunes are terrible on the street. With advancements in tuning such as EFI you can have the best of both worlds in short time . Will these trucks that are suspect to inflated numbers perform on the track? This year will be a fun one . Moss will be at Merchants with his new ATS 5000 , I will be running a BD with some new tuning . Nasty Girl will face off with Maddog what a event to be at !

C.A.P said:
Moss will be at Merchants with his new ATS 5000 , I will be running a BD with some new tuning . Nasty Girl will face off with Maddog what a event to be at !

This just a dyno event or heading to the track?

Back