TTTPA diesel class now 2.8

HT3500

IDK ANYTHING
For those interested, turbo size is now 2.8. I think bushings are still allowed, only other change from what I understand is tranny blankets are now required. I guess they will put the rules up soon....should be interesting this year...

Crap, I totally spaced the meeting last weekend.... Are they still have a 2.6 class?

still just one class, same rules just allowing a bigger turbo. This does not mean you need a 2.8 just means 2.8 is the limit. For now I will remain 2.6 for the begining of the year....

I'm probably going to run a 2.5 next year.

They really need to stick to a set of rules for 2 to 3 years to really grow the class. It takes time to build a truck. I would have gone a different route with a 2.8. To change from a 2.6 to a 2.8 will cost a Power Stroke owner 10 to 15k. That's tough on a pocket book.

I am glad i have not bought a turbo for the 97 yet. Looks like i can make a few changes now.

44.The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the compressor housing may be no
larger than 2.6 inches measured at the smallest diameter area of the compressor wheel.
A bushing may be used to downsize the compressor housing ahead of the wheel. If a bushing is used,
it must be round, at least 3/4 inch long, mounted within 0.050 inch of the compressor wheel, and the inside diameter
of the bushing may not exceed the 2.6 inch limit. If you have any questions regarding the construction of a bushing,
contact the TTTPA Technical committee. The inlet will be measured using a 2.85 inch plug.
A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has
a width greater than 1/4 inch. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited.

44.The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; the inducer bore on the compressor housing may be no
larger than 2.6 inches measured at the smallest diameter area of the compressor wheel.
A bushing may be used to downsize the compressor housing ahead of the wheel. If a bushing is used,
it must be round, at least 3/4 inch long, mounted within 0.050 inch of the compressor wheel, and the inside diameter
of the bushing may not exceed the 2.6 inch limit. If you have any questions regarding the construction of a bushing,
contact the TTTPA Technical committee. The inlet will be measured using a 2.85 inch plug.
A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has
a width greater than 1/4 inch. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited.

WHAT AM I MISSING/ HOW DO YOU TECH A 2.6" TURBO W/ A 2.85" PLUG:what:

Don't know, I was hoping that someone else might be able to shed some light on it.

Back