Tucking the front bumper on an 05-07 Super Duty...pics.

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
First...yea...it's filthy. I haven't felt like cleaning anything and it rained again this morning so shut up. LOL

OK...started with this:
b1.jpg

Yanked the bumper...obviously.
b2.jpg

Trashed the blocker beam...not like I need it anyway.
b5.jpg

5 minutes with a Sawzall and there's no going back now.
b6.jpg

Separated the bumper mounts from the part of frame I lopped off and added some 1/4" flat bar to stiffen it up.
b7.jpg

Measured about 40 times and welded the mounts back to the frame.
b8.jpg

And that left me with this:
b3.jpg

I definitely like how everything lines up better than before.
b4.jpg

I had to make some new pieces to stiffen up the bumper...the old ones attached to the blocker beam...didn't take pics of those.

I had to make some new pieces to stiffen up the bumper...the old ones attached to the blocker beam...didn't take pics of those.

Not so pretty eh? hahah

Sweet job. Did you tie anything between the frame tubes?

those are the mods that make the truck look better when you remove the edges that are unneeded. looks good rich.

Not so pretty eh? hahah

Sweet job. Did you tie anything between the frame tubes?

If you're talking about as replacement for the little bar he removed, it's not needed, and not structural. It's not a cross-member, just something hung down to keep small cars out from under the truck at stock height. Not all of them even had them. For instance, my truck never came with one.

If you weren't talking about that, then carry on.

:D

It does look clean Rich.

Not so pretty eh? hahah

They look just fine...it's just some 2"x1/4" flat bar with a 90* bend to mimic the factory support....not worth crawling in there to get a pic of.

Charles answered the other question you had.

looks good. i wonder if i can do that to my 03.

was the blocker bar for? i dont have one on my 03 but my dads 04 has one and its always in the way.

Garrett

^^, ^^^

Thanks for the clarification guys, those answers were spot on.

P.S. - I tend to "leave out" pics of fab items that are not the best looking :beatup:

looks good. i wonder if i can do that to my 03.

was the blocker bar for? i dont have one on my 03 but my dads 04 has one and its always in the way.

Garrett

If you're talking about as replacement for the little bar he removed, it's not needed, and not structural. It's not a cross-member, just something hung down to keep small cars out from under the truck at stock height. Not all of them even had them. For instance, my truck never came with one.

If you weren't talking about that, then carry on.

:D

It does look clean Rich.

This

This is not do-able on leaf spring 4x4 trucks. BTW

As mentioned the "crash" or "blocker" bar was not mandated by the feds until sometime in 2001.

It's not like it is serving a purpose on a lowered 2WD anyway.

You're right anything can be done, not as layed out here, but what would I know?

Last edited:
The front spring hanger has a piece of metal that does extend to with 1/4" of the bumper bracket on the 4x4's. It does not attach to the front 6" of the frame rails.

All that would be required to do it is to grind a slight amount off the bracket (spring hanger), if any.

and the big 4x4 offroad crew does the opposite by moving the bumper out at least the filled it in rather than leaving the gaps

SSPX0769.jpg

SSPX0770.jpg

and the big 4x4 offroad crew does the opposite by moving the bumper out at least the filled it in rather than leaving the gaps

SSPX0769.jpg

SSPX0770.jpg

That's just to hide a winch behind the factory bumper. I looked into for my truck until I saw how far it sticks out.

i see it now, never even noticed it when i took the pics. i figured it was moved out to clear the tires at the corners of the bumper.

all i know is that thing was big, bottom of the doors was about waist high and im 5'10

Back