Tuners

O.F.T. LLY

I had a bully dog triple dog given to me the other day and was wondering if there is anyway possible to get the the crazy larry tune for it. I was told it already had it on there but its been updated to v2.5.3 since the tune was put on there so i thought that would take the tune off there. I was also thinking about running a mp-8 with the triple dog. I'm just lookin for advice right now in the future im lookin at 40% over injectors and either 15 or 30% cp3 ppe fuel rail built tranny compounds and more...

You have a lift pump now ? if not the CP3 won't support the MP-8. I stacked the MP-8 with an edge and a PPE and it was faster with the edge and slower with the PPE

no i dont have a lift pump yet im running the bully dog on tow/economy for now ill have the lift pump next month. just didnt want to get the mp-8 if it was gonna be a dumb idea but it looks like it just depends what u have it with. thanx

I wouldnt run the crazy larry, waaaay too much timing IMO. With a stock trans the highest setting on the triple dog will start to hurt the trans. Most Duramax guys will tell you to run EFI live tunes, but if thats not an option I would look into a used PPE tuner. If you dont build the trans anytime soon, just run the triple dog the way it is, no stacking.

I want to get EFI live but the cheapest ive found was a single to tune for 300 dollars. i think thats a little pricey but maybe im wrong

I want to get EFI live but the cheapest ive found was a single to tune for 300 dollars. i think thats a little pricey but maybe im wrong

Your looking in the wrong place for EFI live then. You can get 5 tune pre tuned ECM and DPS5 for about that price

Man throw that bully**** in the garbage. Do not stack it with ANYTHING. 5 efi live tunes and an on the fly switch can be had for about 350. most tuners have a loaner V2 that you can use to load the tunes and all that. Efi Live is the way to go if you plan on going with larger injectors, etc. If the truck is gonna stay mostly stock, PPE makes a great boxed tuner

thanks for the help ill have to do some more looking into finding someone to tune my truck with efi live. ill just try to sell that bully dog

would getting a pre tuned ecm from duramaxtuner.com be a good idea

this would be a very good idea. i spent the extra money and got the v2 package, and let me tell it was worth it. if your the kind of guy who gets bored and just feels like playing with your truck like i do, i would get the v2. ive had it for about a week now and i still cant stop playing with it. theres just so much you can do its unreal

i like messin with stuff but i dont want to mess something up cuz i gotta drive my truck back and forth from north dakota

i look into that but ill probably just go with the tuned ecm through them. now i gotta question about exhaust what is the best size to go with ive herd 4" and 5" then i was told stock was fine as long as u cut the cat and muffler out

ive got 4 inch, and i think that is plenty. if you go five it will more than likey not sound very good. and if you arent going to have a very big tune then just removing the cat will prolly be good enough. not sure what brianse is talking about, i didnt know you could get smarty for a dmax. but thats beside the point cuz efi is the only way to go for a dmax imo, and many others

yeah wasnt sure about the smarty thing there either. ill just get there pretunned ecm and call and talk to them i really appriciate all the help guys

ill warn you though, if you get it, be patient while removing the connectors from the ecm, they are kind of a pain sometimes

ok will do i think ill save some money and wait till tax time and get a built trany turbo upgrade and tunning all at once

Back