Tuning Change

Stock spray angle?

My egt's went up when I went over 20*. Wasn't very noticeable except when towing, and that almost crippled me.

What are his egt's now and what does he want them to be?

Mike, I noticed my EGTs would drop when going from low 20s to 26ish. When I went from 26 to 28 I noticed higher part throttle cruise (70mph) EGTs but they were slower to rise at higher throttle to wot. Ofcourse, i'm on 155* injectors.

I want to say with 145 degree injectors I noticed similar occurrences.

Hitting 1600* at 110mph.
I'd like to stay in the 1200* range at that speed. 1400* max.

Hitting 1600* at 110mph.

That may happen if you don't mind it taking 25 seconds to get to 110mph! :pbif

There are some here that talk about these kind of EGTs in a 12v which make big power reportedly on single chargers on a stock head/cam but I have never had any luck being one of them. Maybe compounds will change that but I have zero experience with them at this point. Maybe I'll see numbers like that in the next few months when I get my truck up and running and have some time to mess with interstage tuning.

Hitting 1600* at 110mph.

Good luck with that. Im sure it can be done, but like Nick ive never had egts that low on a WOT run with a single charger. My setups usually run 16-1800* and ive never had a single issue.

I'm not looking to set the hp record. Or land speed record or any other record for that matter. Just don't want to have to pay attention to exhaust temps while getting on it.
I'll decide what to do one day.

My 67 won't let me over 1200 unless I'm pulling up a hill, or in it for a long time. 110 (which is almost my limit) I'm usually around 1300. I'm also not making as much power as you.

My 67 won't let me over 1200 unless I'm pulling up a hill, or in it for a long time. 110 (which is almost my limit) I'm usually around 1300. I'm also not making as much power as you.

Mike, if you floor it (100% throttle) on a 10-15mph roll or from zero etc. and go through the gears to get to 110 you mean to tell me you only hit 1300? Just trying to narrow things down and put them into perspective. As I stated earlier if you take your time getting to 110mph I could see the EGTs staying there but phrases like "my EGTs don't pass 1300 more than 50 degrees" or whatever often confuse folks and make them attempt to reach unrealistic goals for their 12v's. I think you laid down 620+hp on the dyno. I can't see your truck staying around 1300 making that kind of power. I am not saying for certain it isn't staying at 1300 at wot just that it would surprise me if it did.

I think the question now lies in stepping into unknown single setup territory or run twins that have been done, over, and over, and over, and over. Not that they don't do their job, but if you want a unicorn, build a unicorn. Don't have the unicorn truck and turn it into a horse.
I'm living vicariously though, so I don't count.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

I think the question now lies in stepping into unknown single setup territory or run twins that have been done, over, and over, and over, and over. Not that they don't do their job, but if you want a unicorn, build a unicorn. Don't have the unicorn truck and turn it into a horse.
I'm living vicariously though, so I don't count.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

If it were me and I was stuck on a single I would give the 11-blade stuff heavy consideration given it is reported to work better at higher pressure ratios. There are cheaper s400 options readily available to test this theory which share much in compressor similarity to the gtx garrett stuff from my understanding. In my opinion high pressure is what is needed to make these 12v trucks make power without extensive head and valve train work. There are exceptions to the rule who frequent this site but their results are not easily repeated in my experience.

Mike, if you floor it (100% throttle) on a 10-15mph roll or from zero etc. and go through the gears to get to 110 you mean to tell me you only hit 1300? Just trying to narrow things down and put them into perspective. As I stated earlier if you take your time getting to 110mph I could see the EGTs staying there but phrases like "my EGTs don't pass 1300 more than 50 degrees" or whatever often confuse folks and make them attempt to reach unrealistic goals for their 12v's. I think you laid down 620+hp on the dyno. I can't see your truck staying around 1300 making that kind of power. I am not saying for certain it isn't staying at 1300 at wot just that it would surprise me if it did.

Thats what I mean. Though it's been a while since I hit 110, the last time was on a dyno, and I don't think it went over 1200. I'm trying to line up another dyno run, or make it to the track on friday, I can get better/more current results.

I'm not stuck on either option. If I can find a decent set of twins that I dont have to manipulate the body of the truck, then I'll probably go that route.
Just hate to pay 2500 $ for a bb and not have it perform or not be able to spool it.

Mike I feel your spool flange takes a lot away from others being able to count on your setup. As well as the cam, etc, etc

Mike I feel your spool flange takes a lot away from others being able to count on your setup. As well as the cam, etc, etc

I didn't need the spool flange, its just nice to have. And it doesn't help egts at all.

Cam is your standard out dated 181 LOL

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't need the spool flange, its just nice to have. And it doesn't help egts at all.

Cam is your standard out dated 181 LOL

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

That flange helps none at all?

I would bet it does help egts some. With a big single your egts will typically climb fast before boost starts to increase enough to "catch up" and cool it off a little(or at least flatten out). The faster you get boost up, the slower your egts will climb typically. Which means at least in principle i would think the spool flange would help.

I would bet it does help egts some. With a big single your egts will typically climb fast before boost starts to increase enough to "catch up" and cool it off a little(or at least flatten out). The faster you get boost up, the slower your egts will climb typically. Which means at least in principle i would think the spool flange would help.

This was my experience when I ran the spool flange on two chargers but again wot EGTs were still 1600 or more.

That flange helps none at all?

It does, it just isn't a necessity. But now that I have it.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ"]Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up - YouTube[/ame]

It kept them from climbing as fast, but they really just level out (I think maybe because I run out of fuel?) But again, even when towing, it never got bad even through the Appalachians (with lower timing. 25* killed me). I'm sure the rockies would destroy me, so we won't go there LOL

Back