tuning idea

GrtWhite

I have an idea on tuning and just wanted to see what you guys thought on it. My first post here.
So if I bring the fuel pressure way down say max at 16000 psi and add a lot of duration will this give me better fuel economy? I am thinking longer more complete burn. Alot like the old 12 valves. This is also a single event tune. What is your thoughts. Thanks for any input

I have an idea on tuning and just wanted to see what you guys thought on it. My first post here.
So if I bring the fuel pressure way down say max at 16000 psi and add a lot of duration will this give me better fuel economy? I am thinking longer more complete burn. Alot like the old 12 valves. This is also a single event tune. What is your thoughts. Thanks for any input

Max fuel pressure is usually at max mm3 and RPM. That has nothing to do with fuel economy.

I understand more pressure automizes the fuel better but a longer more drawn out duration should give a more complete burn. I was thinking that the older 12 valves get on average of 21 plus mpg with a lot less fuel pressure. Just kicking around the idea and seeing what any other thoughts were. Thanks for the the help

I understand more pressure automizes the fuel better but a longer more drawn out duration should give a more complete burn. I was thinking that the older 12 valves get on average of 21 plus mpg with a lot less fuel pressure. Just kicking around the idea and seeing what any other thoughts were. Thanks for the the help

I'm pretty sure you want the spray to be quick and precise for max efficiency.

FWIW, the 6.7 runs slightly lower pressure cruising than the 5.9. Most people say their 6.7 gets pretty good fuel economy after deletes. To me, it seems like a short, high pressure, injection event right after TDC would be ideal for cruising efficiency (when running a pilot shot).

Are you talking about running the main event just after TDC or use the post event?

All the older mechanical 5.9L get good mileage and they have one long injection event. So I thought that if I did that to my 07 5.9( make one event with a long duration) it would get good mpg. Has anyone tried this?

Are you talking about running the main event just after TDC or use the post event?
Main event right around TDC when running a pilot shot. If you're not using a pilot, the main event will have to be advanced.

All the older mechanical 5.9L get good mileage and they have one long injection event. So I thought that if I did that to my 07 5.9( make one event with a long duration) it would get good mpg. Has anyone tried this?

Yes. Les Szmidt sp?

This has more to do with peak cylinder pressure at atdc than duration and pressure.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Back