tuning question

STROKIN N STYLE

WHAT???
A guy I work with has a 2010 6.7 and is ready to delete and tune it. He can't decide between the H&S or running a Smarty with a CTS monitor. He plans on doing a full delete on the exhaust and the EGR. I drive fords so I'm not very familiar with the 6.7 and tuning. What do you guys recommend? He daily drives it and tows with it on occasion. Its two wheel drive with a 68RFE in it. Thanks in advance guys!

Those trans hate the added power Scotty. I would go with the h&s so he can adjust the tunes on the fly - a good friend of mine ran the h&s but the trans didn't last 15k with alittle abuse.

Those trans hate the added power Scotty. I would go with the h&s so he can adjust the tunes on the fly - a good friend of mine ran the h&s but the trans didn't last 15k with alittle abuse.

I 100% agree. I run an H&S in my '08 6.7 and with in a couple days the power destroyed 5th and 6th. One I put in a built 68RFE it ran great. The custom tunes from H&S are very good too.

Not to disaggree with everybody. But I've got 135k on my stock 68rfe.. And I'm not easy on it. Around 70 passes at the track last year.. Pull a 10k lb travel trailer on a monthly bases.. I know that some fail under stock power and some survive. I do believe that what has helped mine is the OD software from H&S. But I don't like their tuning as much as smarty. And actually now I don't like either one. But efi isn't out for your truck yet. My main thing that I think hurts the 68rfe is the adaptive learning. This is where I think that H&S hurts more than smarty. Yes you have the pod function on smarty, but most don't use it. However, everybody uses the shift on the fly from h&s. SO imagine that your trans has gotten used to the 60 hp tune. Mild on h&s. You spend a couple weeks on that. And you pull up to a light and a punk is reving up next to you. SO you reach up and push that fancy button twice. Now your at the 175 hp tune, and ready to floor it. We'll your tranny is expecting a lower rate and you basically shock it. Just my thought on it. But its a different way to view it from what most people say. I personally think that the adaptive learning is what's eating up most of them. In one way or another.. Just my oppinion.. To solve that, get the xrt pro.. and the trans tuning. And let the tranny learn the power before you drive it like you stole it..

Not to disaggree with everybody. But I've got 135k on my stock 68rfe.. And I'm not easy on it. Around 70 passes at the track last year.. Pull a 10k lb travel trailer on a monthly bases.. I know that some fail under stock power and some survive. I do believe that what has helped mine is the OD software from H&S. But I don't like their tuning as much as smarty. And actually now I don't like either one. But efi isn't out for your truck yet. My main thing that I think hurts the 68rfe is the adaptive learning. This is where I think that H&S hurts more than smarty. Yes you have the pod function on smarty, but most don't use it. However, everybody uses the shift on the fly from h&s. SO imagine that your trans has gotten used to the 60 hp tune. Mild on h&s. You spend a couple weeks on that. And you pull up to a light and a punk is reving up next to you. SO you reach up and push that fancy button twice. Now your at the 175 hp tune, and ready to floor it. We'll your tranny is expecting a lower rate and you basically shock it. Just my thought on it. But its a different way to view it from what most people say. I personally think that the adaptive learning is what's eating up most of them. In one way or another.. Just my oppinion.. To solve that, get the xrt pro.. and the trans tuning. And let the tranny learn the power before you drive it like you stole it..

I think you're right on here but there's still a reason Dodge won't up it's HP until it can upgrade it's transmission.

Better yet get it tuned with EFI and use a CTS. I do like H&S's though and sell allot of them but we also tune trucks and a nice tune can be made that will do everything.

look at trans upgrades nontheless. With even just a little bit of hp that trans will start to go south so better to beef it up first then later.

He is planning on doing something with the trans. I didn't think EFI was available for 10+ trucks yet....

Ahh crap my bad. Guess my reading skilz are pretty crappy LOL.

Ryan hows the head gaskets holding up on 2010s that you have seen so far? I run 60 tune with xrt pro and its staying there. I never get on it until warmed up etc. When towing my 12v do you think its better to drop it back down to stock power? Also has full egr valve and cooler delete. Thanks

Back