Tuning Twins

I have some questions about picking chargers so I don't end up with a tuning nightmare.
It will be on an 24V with a Hamilton 188/220 cam, pushrods, valve springs, studs, SO VP, 7x0.012 micro blind injectors, and a Quadzillla ADR. I'm going to possibly send the head out to be ported and firerings cut if funds allow after the engine build. Im considering a 62/68/.83, .88, or .90 over a S475 96mm 1.32 a/r. Thoughts?

I would stick with a devided turbine housing on the secondary. And I think the .88 is undecided. I would also stick with a quicker spooling secondary.

I have some questions about picking chargers so I don't end up with a tuning nightmare.
It will be on an 24V with a Hamilton 188/220 cam, pushrods, valve springs, studs, SO VP, 7x0.012 micro blind injectors, and a Quadzillla ADR. I'm going to possibly send the head out to be ported and firerings cut if funds allow after the engine build. Im considering a 62/68/.83, .88, or .90 over a S475 96mm 1.32 a/r. Thoughts?
Your gonna need a external gate with those housings. .83 would be my choice.

I wouldn't get the 96 turbine, id get the 83, 87, or 92.

Your gonna need a external gate with those housings. .83 would be my choice.

I wouldn't get the 96 turbine, id get the 83, 87, or 92.

My 83/1.10 works very well and drive pressures are less than 1:1 unless its on kill then drive is about 92-93 with 80-82 psi boost but some of that is probably the secondary.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

My 83/1.10 works very well and drive pressures are less than 1:1 unless its on kill then drive is about 92-93 with 80-82 psi boost but some of that is probably the secondary.

I was expecting an use an external gate. An 83/1.10 sounds like the best option. I wasn't sure if it would be too small as a primary. Chevota do you mind sharing what your using for fueling?

So pump, 7x.014's and Tst/smarty with a super b on top and just the internal gate.

I was expecting an use an external gate. An 83/1.10 sounds like the best option. I wasn't sure if it would be too small as a primary. Chevota do you mind sharing what your using for fueling?
83 1.10 is good for 750hp.

Sweet, now on to piping kits and or parts to build the piping. Any places you recommend using and or staying away from? I'm not trying to set the world on fire. I just want a quick street truck that spools pretty quick.

I bought a stainless kit and it seems to fit pretty well. I've heard good things about Carl's kits as well.

So my 475 (74.6/96/1.32) is good for what HP you think?

Hoping for 800+ with tuning..
I'm pretty sure someone did 850 with a 62/475.

Now that I think about it david, john p did 816 with 62/475.

With efi and a 64 on top, you should meet your goal easily.

Last edited:
Ok...this is about the most steady video I have of my 63/68/70 over S482/92/1.10

I put the truck into 4wd, and just rolled into it.

I don't know how to make the video appear as a direct video on this page, but, here is a link.

http://youtu.be/WYwQYglX-d0

Bottom gauge is a 0-100 psi. (Drive pressure to the secondary. 63mm)

I have ordered a GoPro2, and hope to have it by the end of the weekend.

Last edited:
Hmmm...try this: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYwQYglX-d0&feature=channel&list=UL"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYwQYglX-d0&feature=channel&list=UL[/ame]

Back