Tuning

motocxer117

So i recently installed a 64/71/.91 on my 12valve with some 7x.012's. i had no plate in it for a week or so and got sick of driving around blowin smoke, and i mean smoke. so i put the plate in today and i can get it dialed in for the life of me. ive taken the afc off, prior to the upgrades i had done all the AFC tricks. i put the stock plate in all the way forward, set the pressure with air put her back on and shes a dog now. any links or anything you guys could point me in the direction of? ive been readin for hours now and cant come up with anything. also when im accelerating in OD she starts barkin at 30psi and i lay out of it, i know its not good, but everytime i do some adjusting i check to see if shes still doing it, i was hoping by putting the play back in i would recover some over that un used fuel and it woulda cleared this issue up.

So i recently installed a 64/71/.91 on my 12valve with some 7x.012's. i had no plate in it for a week or so and got sick of driving around blowin smoke, and i mean smoke. so i put the plate in today and i can get it dialed in for the life of me. ive taken the afc off, prior to the upgrades i had done all the AFC tricks. i put the stock plate in all the way forward, set the pressure with air put her back on and shes a dog now. any links or anything you guys could point me in the direction of? ive been readin for hours now and cant come up with anything. also when im accelerating in OD she starts barkin at 30psi and i lay out of it, i know its not good, but everytime i do some adjusting i check to see if shes still doing it, i was hoping by putting the play back in i would recover some over that un used fuel and it woulda cleared this issue up.
What psi does it start move?

When does the AFC arm start to move when u put air to it?

Plate is only for full boost fuel, not gonna do much for your bad DDing habits. Tune the pre-boost screw on the back of the AFC for maximum spool up, watch out 1/3 of a turn either way and you'll miss the G-spot. Then depending on your pressure you set the starwheel at, see how it smokes from around 5 psi until full boost. Too much smoke then turn it towards the fender, keep it less than 1/2 way in the plug window or else it will coil bind and restrict top end fueling. If it still has to much smoke and you're near the 1/2 way point, get a stiffer spring.

My A5K charger surged when it didn't get enough fuel. You might get away from that issue when your fueling is dialed in.

yea she only surges in OD when i put my foot in it, i dont think my pump is keepin up. i did some more messin around with her, she isnt as smokey still hazes when i got my foot in her a little bit. any one run a holley black pusher pump inline?

yea she only surges in OD when i put my foot in it, i dont think my pump is keepin up. i did some more messin around with her, she isnt as smokey still hazes when i got my foot in her a little bit. any one run a holley black pusher pump inline?
I do, holley blue.

What psi do you have your afc moving at?

i believe it was right around 10psi. have you had any issues with the holley blue yet?

10psi isn't enough. try some different springs, i'd say 15-18psi would be better, maybe more. I played around with mine, i even had it set up to start moving at 25psi and had basically no smoke with 5x.014's and twins, no plate

I think you need a stiffer spring, so it moves at 15-20psi.

Not really, had one die after 5 yrs. I bought a walbro 392 to put in its place when it dies.

I do have a regulator on the return side to keep the psi up.

10psi isn't enough. try some different springs, i'd say 15-18psi would be better, maybe more. I played around with mine, i even had it set up to start moving at 25psi and had basically no smoke with 5x.014's and twins, no plate
When did you have full fuel? What psi?

What dvs?

Back