Turbo and Injectors

MD-LUCKY

Difficult To Pronounce...
I'm trying to fund a set of mach 4s, so I'm selling my old turbo and my current injectors. The turbo is off and ready to go. I'll pull the injectors as soon as a purchase is made.

Turbo is a 35/40 Holset Hybrid.
It is a direct bolt in replacement for 24v's, and I think it may be a bolt in on 12v's. Probably would be a great turbo for you guys in california that have to pass a visual inspection, although you would have to explain the polish.

The compressor is a HX 40 6-blade, where the exhaust (turbine) housing is a factory holset HX 35. This provides the extra cooling power of a HX40 style turbo, but similar spool to a standard HX35 turbo from the factory.

Best of all, this is a BOLT IN replacement turbo. You do NOT need to purchase an additional HX 40 style downpipe: you can even keep your factory exhaust!

Turbo is wastegated, and uses a spring wastegate to control boost. The wastegate was set at 35psi, but you can adjust up or down to your preferences.

The exhaust turbine housing has been ported to gasket match, and the compressor housing has been polished. The polish job looks very good for a daily driver, but is by no means show quality. If someone took the time to go over the compressor housing with a good polish it should clean up even further. If you want additional pictures, including pictures of the turbo installed, please let me know!

This turbo is a perfect match for a truck making around 375-400 true rear wheel horsepower, but many folks have made closer to 450-500 with higher EGTs. It makes a fantastic towing turbo, with extremely quick spool due to the smaller exhaust housing. It cools much better than a standard holset 35, and would make a good top turbo for a towing twin setup.

I've used this turbo for about 30,000 miles, but I did purchase it used, so I don't know the exact mileage. I always run 5/40 synthetic oil, and I let EGTs cool down to 300 before I shut the truck down. The turbo was in perfect working condition when I removed it from my truck: the only reason I replaced it was to go to a larger single turbo.

However, this is a high performance aftermarket part: it is sold entirely as is, and how is, with no warranty included either expressed or implied.

Pics:

26.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

Injectors are a set of Jammer 3s, rated at 100hp. These are about as big of an injector I would use for a turbo like this.. I know there are lots of folks that go bigger, but these seem to be about the limit for my comfort level. I made 432rwhp with these injectors on this turbo. With the fuel turned off, this is a great towing combination. With everything turned up, it will get a little too toasty for safe towing.

I'm trying to sell this as a combo so I can fund a set of injectors, so I really do not want to seperate unless I have buyers lined up for both.

Looking to get $1175 for both the injectors and the turbo SHIPPED. If you have a set of cores for the injectors, I'll drop the $200 core charge that I'm going to be hit with off, so I'll sell for $975 shipped to your door with cores.

As always, any questions you can post here or send me a PM!

I'm now willing to sell the turbo alone!!

If you are interested, let me know.

Guys I'm having serious DNS issues here, I don't know what version of the site I'm on. I seem to have PMs coming and going on both sides.

If you are trying to reach me, please bear with me as I try to figure this out. I'm trying to respond to everyone, but I have no idea if you're receiving my messages or not!

I'm asking $650 shipped to lower 48 for the turbo.

Also:

I'm trying to fund a set of Mach 4s here.. If you have a set of Mach 4s, and you are interested in this turbo and getting rid of the injectors, let me know.. We can work something out.

Turbo is sold.

I'll keep the injectors for now.

Lock/Delete.. :)

Back