turbo and injectors

9t5twelvevalve

hey guy, im new to this forum so im not to sure how things work, but i was wondering if anyone had some ideas for a good aftermarket turbo and some recomendations for injectors, im mostly going for power, but a little smoke never hurt anyone. any ideas? i have a 95 12v 2500 by the way

A set of 3000 rpm governor springs and a fuel plate in the pump will help before changing turbo and injectors.

Is your truck automatic or manual trans? The free mods that can be done to the injection pump with the addition of injectors is enough to fry the stock torque convertor. Are you planning to tow with the truck?

A set of 3000 rpm governor springs and a fuel plate in the pump will help before changing turbo and injectors.

Skip the 3k and go for the 4k! Also just yank the fuel plate and save yourself some money.

Get your transmission built before you do turbo's and injectors.

master_kit.gif

SHIFT-KIT-PAGE.gif

Refurbished torque converter from phil taylor (slowpoke on here) and you have a pretty strong transmission.

This is the game plan for my automatic truck when I get one :evil

On edit: I was under the impression your truck was an automatic. LOL

Don't bother with 3ks, you can get those virtually free with a couple of washers if you don't have the money for 4ks and valve springs right away. Even with a 5spd free pump mods will be enough to fry a stock clutch. So no matter what you have there is money that will be spent on HOLDING the power.

Start with the following

Mack rack plug

pull the plate (but don't toss it, keep it in your tool box)

Mod your AFC

set your timing at at least 18*

4k gov springs and HD valve springs, or poor man's GSK

GUAGES

pusher pump - I recommend a Carter 4601

External fuel pressure regulator set to around 40psi - cheapo ebay works just fine on the return line BLACK FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR ADJUSTABLE 1 TO 140 PSI: eBay Motors (item 270620962896 end time Oct-10-10 14:53:14 PDT)

That would get you pretty close to the 400hp mark on a stock turbo...

If you're not quite happy you could add these next

Head studs

DVs - do NOT install full cuts, I know they're cheap, but they have terrible street manners and run HOT

Injectors - I recommend trying a 7x.010, but good ol' 5x.014s work too

64/71/12 or a HE351VE if you are on a budget - search VGT here there's lots or reading on the 351

If you go with the 351 you'll probably have to cut your plate to a 0 and play with it to take some of the fuel out since the DVs and injectors will really open things up.

That should be good for almost 600hp with the 64, and north of 500 with the 351. Anything more will require some finesse with the pump, or to flat out have a shop build you one and a set of twins to keep up.

Skip the 3k and go for the 4k! Also just yank the fuel plate and save yourself some money.

Get your transmission built before you do turbo's and injectors.

master_kit.gif

SHIFT-KIT-PAGE.gif

Refurbished torque converter from phil taylor (slowpoke on here) and you have a pretty strong transmission.

This is the game plan for my automatic truck when I get one :evil

On edit: I was under the impression your truck was an automatic. LOL

the trany is all billet except for the shafts

injectors go by number of holes along with the size of the holes. so 5x.012 are 5 hole nozzles with each hole being .012" diameter.

62mm ,64mm, 66mm are all common sizes of compressor wheels on the most common aftermarket turbo's used on cummins, that would be borg warner s300 frame.

62mm ,64mm, 66mm are all common sizes of compressor wheels on the most common aftermarket turbo's used on cummins, that would be borg warner s300 frame.

what brand of turbo do you think i should get?, those sdx 5x0.12s are the 90hp ones right?

Yes and I would build twins if you ever want to tow. A 64/71/14 will be pretty laggy. Most people go with a big single for competitions because twins arn't allowed but I built my truck to be a truck and twins are awesome.

Yes and I would build twins if you ever want to tow. A 64/71/14 will be pretty laggy. Most people go with a big single for competitions because twins arn't allowed but I built my truck to be a truck and twins are awesome.

yeah, but im on about a 1500-2000 dollar budget for sticks and a turbo

since when was a 64 a BIG single?? if you have the DV's and injectors to light it, your good. 62 or a 64 5x14's and then you can take your pick on DV's, most people like 024's(myself included). Although I do agree, twins are where its at.

if your really hard up an hx40 a set of marine 370s (just saw a set on craigslist for a hundred beans) and properly tuned pump with get you well north of 450. the pump is the key.

engineered diesel will build u a custom non gated s300 for 13xx.xx but liek others said. trans is key

since when was a 64 a BIG single?? if you have the DV's and injectors to light it, your good. 62 or a 64 5x14's and then you can take your pick on DV's, most people like 024's(myself included). Although I do agree, twins are where its at.

what size delivery valves should i get? and where can i find them?

i dont really know much about brands,

can someone just post a link for a good turbo and a link for some good injectors please

there is this amazing thing known as google, you oughta try it out. as far as DV sizes, if you read through what I said, i recommend 024's. DDP sells a set named 042's.

there is this amazing thing known as google, you oughta try it out. as far as DV sizes, if you read through what I said, i recommend 024's. DDP sells a set named 042's.

yeah but im not really sure what im looking for, i dont know what all these numbers mean, i new to this stuff

Back