Turbo balance

DPC

Any of our vendors in the OK/TX area balance turbos? My HE351cw gave out, I bought the parts to repair the turbo and need to have it balanced, thanks.

You should be good as long as it didn't touch. I've never balanced any of the ones I've rebuilt, mostly because I hate shipping stuff, and I've yet to explode one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Holset does not balance any of their turbos as a unit, individual components are balanced on their own.

Turbos balanced as a unit are easy to tell as they will have material cut off the shaft nut.

I had to replace the turbine and compressor wheel because they touched. They are stock replacements but came from different vendors. I can see where they have been ground for balancing. No need to balance?

They Are in Waco. John is good people, balancing is roughly 125 bucks.. as an assembly i believe.

They Are in Waco. John is good people, balancing is roughly 125 bucks.. as an assembly i believe.

Thanks, I will give them a call and see if they recommend balancing this unit as an assembly.

The shaft and turbine wheel are balanced as one and the comp wheel is balanced by itself to allow rebuild without balancing as a unit. No need to call anyone. Put it together and drive it!

The shaft and turbine wheel are balanced as one and the comp wheel is balanced by itself to allow rebuild without balancing as a unit. No need to call anyone. Put it together and drive it!

I agree it makes sense but why do vendors offer balancing as a unit?

Majestic in Irving, TX can balance it.

But to say that if the turbine nut is ground indicates assembly balance is incorrect. That's how you balance a turbine shaft

I like an use Majestic as well but they're expensive compared to Forced Induction. John is good people, tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

You would be surprised how far out some of those "pre balanced" assembly's are in a vsr.
Just sayin'

I just called Majestic, $75 if I send my rotating parts and $150 if I send the whole turbo. I am going to have it balanced just to be safe.

Back