turbo HEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!

rollerink

After taking apart my new hx35/40 to paint the exhaust housing, the exhaust wheel fell of the counter and now has a few small chips on 2 of the fins. Did I just "F" this turbo or will it be okay to use?

Looks like the fin might be bent a little too.
Exhaust_Wheel

yeah i think i can but i am worried about getting it back to the perfect angle and what about the chips?

On the turbine wheel, I wouldn't worry about it. If that bend blade starts to come apart, it will most likely run down the exhaust system and out the tail pipe. If it was a damaged compressor wheel, I'd be worried.

Those little chips won't hurt anything.

Okay thats a relief. New development: that snap ring that is located by the turbine wheel is bent. Is this the type of snap ring I can get at a hardware store or am I going to have to get a hx35/40 rebuild kit and use a snap ring from the kit?

Okay thats a relief. New development: that snap ring that is located by the turbine wheel is bent. Is this the type of snap ring I can get at a hardware store or am I going to have to get a hx35/40 rebuild kit and use a snap ring from the kit?

not sure

Back