Turbo Lag

jwfrauts

How much turbo lag to you have. I have an 06' running a looney tune and my lag is horrible. From a stop I can mash it to the floor and the truck sets for a second boiling black smoke out of it and then will burn the tires off when the turbo lights. I have looked everywhere for leaks but can not find any. It seems to boost ok once it lights. Any suggestions?

Sounds like its dumping fuel in too fast. Try easing into the throttle until you have some boost before laying into it. I have a programmer on my dodge that will do the same thing.

full fuel at low boost.....it will cause more lag than even a stock tuned truck...give dj a call and have him rewrite your looney and take some of that low boost fuel out of it

Sounds like you are quenching the flamefront by overfueling it so low.

Mine is the same way but it's only for a second then it turns to a haze. I don't have very much smoke at WOT, only initially until the turbo lights up.

ur vanes could be stickin a lil too, but it does sound like to much low boost fueling

6.0's are one of the worst diesels to just matt the pedal off the line. bone stock they will overfuel and sit for a couple of seconds. try driving one like that with big injectors once, it's almost criminal what it does to the cars behind you. if you roll onto the pedal smoothly you will have much better results.

mine does the same with the looney...if youre racing or need to get of the line quick, just powerbrake abit to light the turbo...

That is good to hear that everybodies does it. I like the smoke. I can't power brake it any because it burns the tires off the rims until around mid
3rd gear. I have a sissy cc short bed 2wd drive with 305/50r20s. It looks good, but this will be my last 2wd drive.

Back