Turbo lag

04boat

After a bit of research on my turbo lag I felt prett confident that my turbo needed a good cleaning. Watched several youtube videos I grabbed my tools and set out to rip out my turbo. After a few hours I had the turbo out and began to separate it. My joy turned to dispare as the turbo was very clean for 180k. Now Im lost on the cure for my lag.

A little more info on the turbo. It actually sounds like its a supercharger. The growling sound when the gas is applied combined with the lag is why I went the route of cleaning.

This is where I begin to reach out and ask questions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

did you look over everything really good? I know and have seen the ring that controls the vanes(forgot the name) gets a grove worn in and causes this same issue.

I took a brush and dusted off what little carbon that was on it. I also took it to a local repair shop and he confirmed the vanes and the unisone ring looked great. He mentioned an oil leak, but where is the question.

**UPDATE**

I disconnected my VGT harness and the growling stopped, of course there was absolutely no boost (figured that would happen)

With that, does this sound like the VGT is my issue for the lag and the growling?

If he mentioned an oil you may want to check into that. A buddy had his vanes stick primarily from an oil leak in his turbo. Oil can cook onto things quite thick making the vanes inoperable

If he mentioned an oil you may want to check into that. A buddy had his vanes stick primarily from an oil leak in his turbo. Oil can cook onto things quite thick making the vanes inoperable

He was talking about a leak internal. The turbo had absolutely zero oil residue on or around the vanes

The "WTH" factor is in full force at this point. I had the CEL downloaded today and was surprised to hear that I have 7 codes
P1102
P0113
P0046
P0401
P0404
P0405
P0677

I will be checking the hoses for security, but other then that I am at a loss.

Back