Turbo map?

REW_388

I do what I do
Well as you can tell from my post count i am extremely new to the site and less than two years old when it comes to diesel ownership but im lookin for knowledge and im hopin someone can help. Im lookin to build my own twin setup on my lb7 i know that the two favorites out there from what i have read are s480 and bullseye s475. Now when it comes to mechanics im no pro but i can usually keep up but turbos are way over my head so far =/ i was curious if any pro could help me out on how to read a turbo map to help me with my selection and so maybe i can try to keep up on this site.

Thanks in advance and apologize if this is a dumb question i did some searches but with no luck

Not trying to discourage you at all, but if you're contemplating the "deep dive" into the turbo calculations, there's lots of experience out there on what works on LB7 twins, and good experience can tell you in 5 minutes what works well and would take a year to figure out. No need to reinvent the wheel unless you're doing something out in left field.

I assume you've been to DP and DD websites?

Last edited:
oh by no means am i trying to reinvent the wheel I am purely trying to understand what will be going in my truck. I know that i am FAR from the first guy to want to twin turbo his lb7 but i know that there are a couple options used in the common setups and all i want to do is somehow try to understand which one is better for my application or atleast when I go to order parts not sound like a complete moron haha and in the end i will honestly probably end up with a prebuilt kit from screaming diesel performance... but until i get that much cash saved up might as well see if i can find a.... i guess more budget friendly route to get to the same goal

oh and i am a member on duramaxforum... i do a little lookin on dieselplace from time to time to answer that question

Are you going to retain the stock charger for the high pressure unit?

There's also plenty of twins discussion on duramaxdiesels.com.

Yep the top turbo will stay my stock ihi and just not dead set on my atmoshperic charger yet. I will have to swing by dd.com and do some reading

Back