turbo project on a 7.3 idi

hyper14h

red around the neck
my neighbor wants to put a turbo on hes 7.3 idi we aready have a turbo and most of the other stuff to do the swap but were held up on what o do with the exhaust do they make manifolds with the foot on them like a 6.5 and use a crossover pipe or are they like the powerstrokes where the exhaust comes up around the tranny if anyone has pics it would be great and if you have measurements that would be great also

They have a setup thats like the PSD's, I'll try to get some pics from my 6.9l With a Banks Setup

my neighbor wants to put a turbo on hes 7.3 idi we aready have a turbo and most of the other stuff to do the swap but were held up on what o do with the exhaust do they make manifolds with the foot on them like a 6.5 and use a crossover pipe or are they like the powerstrokes where the exhaust comes up around the tranny if anyone has pics it would be great and if you have measurements that would be great also

Call hypermax

This is How my '86 6.9l Banks is setup:
003-2.jpg

does anyone no if i can just buy the cross over setup from banks without buying the rest of the kit?? and does a early powerstroke exaust fit? anyone have any home made setups?? that i could see to get some ideas??

Bringing this back up, I'm thinking about turboing my 6.9. Is there anything to be gained by building a pulse setup instead of an open plenum?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Back