Turbo Question...

Powerstroke Cowboy

Boost is energy held back
This may sound stupid.. BUT i have been thinking on it for a little bit and have looked around but can find no answer for my question.. so here goes...

Would taking the silencer ring off a turbo let it flow more air????

Would there be any difference at all?? Besides getting a little more noise from the turbo?? If alls I would get is more noise there would be no point in it... kind of nice having a quit turbo....

So would it help with air flow at all??

I guess I could always do test with it.. Then take it off and see if there is a difference in EGT's.. that would tell if there was a improvement to...

Just thought I would bounce this Question off guys that have more knowledge then me on turbos.

AND does anyone have a compressor map for a Holset HX55 66/99 Billet wheel turbo??

This is the ring I am talking about.... The one that covers the ported part of the housing...

KGrHqNk8E8ETefzoPBPNCH2460_12.png

Thanks for any help!!

David

Last edited:
Are you a troll?

Just kidding.

removing the silencer ring will not gain you anything except more noise.

Last edited:
Are you a troll?

Just kidding.

removing the silencer ring will not gain you anything except more noise.

Fast response!!!!

That is what I was wondering.. Thanks!!!

No I am not a troll.. Well at least I have NO tail ;)

What I would like is a compressor map for the turbo...

Thanks again!!

Or a Quick Google search and the Holset sure will get it
http://www.myholsetturbo.com/modelinfo.html

Thanks!!! I looked on there web page before but never saw that... All I could find was that max flow was .75 KG a second.. which comes out to 99LB,s a minute!!

What I really whanted was a flow map of the compressor..

There maps are goofy!! they have them all overlaid.. and the do not give you the eficancy or % like Garrett does... you cant beat Garrett Maps..

Thanks again!!

David...

Last edited:
This is the closest you can get to a comp map from holset.

Its a joke if you ask me!!

Right. In that document none of the choke lines match the stated airflow rates. The HX60 for example is listed as 0.95kg/s but the map shows it as 0.85kg/s.

Back