Turbo school

turbo_coffin

Can someone point me in the right direction for some documentation or nomenclature to improve my knowledge with calculating and interpreting turbo properties and properly sizing them. It can get pretty daunting trying to find data and even harder to lay it out on paper. I'm not asking for a fish I'm asking for you to teach me how to fish. Don't really know where to begin

I've read a lot of that yes. Just unsure on how to plot everything out like the relationships and effects of turbine changes on the same turbo next to each other and how to determine the ideal pr differences in a compound set and what kind of flow rates I should look for. Like I presume I'd be wanting the manifold charger to flow 50% of the air as the atmosphere. But I'm just inferring I have no data or experience to say here how it works and why

"Turbochargers" by Hugh Maclnnes is a pretty good book that will give you a lot of the basics. Some of it is outdated, but still not bad. Turbine sizing is tough, a lot of people rely on monitoring drive pressure and then changing housings. On gas rigs, having the turbine around the same size is popular, but diesels seem to work with larger turbines, say a 62/65 or even larger. There are about a billion theories on compounds, and I've seen everything from a 95mm into a 62mm, to a 83mm into a 71mm.

Hugh McInnes and Corkey Bell books here. Again, outdated but solid info.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Borg Warner's match-bot is always good to play around with to compare different turbos

Thanks for the citations guys I'll look around see if I can't find a copy or an e book and I'll check out that match bot too.

Back