Turbo suggestions

Hdhorton

Too broke to go fast
Wanting a new turbo but want some input on what would be best to go with, same truck that's in my sig. I just put a set of 6x.013's in from Weston and I'm about to get a tst pm3 comp to stack with the mvp. I daily drive it mostly but I don't mind a little lag or drivin around the turbo a little, and I hardly ever tow anything at all. Last time I spoke with Weston I was asking about the 369sxe but he recommended not going with that turbo. Haven't really had a chance to talk to him lately but I was kinda leaning towards maybe a 366sxe or somethin around there. Plans for the truck right now is to try to break into the 7's in the 1/8th with the vp and later on truck will probably get a ppump and probably stick a bigger turbo under whatever I get now. Any input would be greatly appreciated

I don't see the s366sxe being any better fit for you than the s369. Either one should get you to your goal as far as 7s in the 1/8th. Do you have a plan for going ppump? As far as power goals or? Did he mention a k29 or k31?

I've got a 180 pump I bought a couple years ago for $150. It's probably locked up but I'm not worried about it cause I still got a hell of a deal even for a core. But I don't plan on swapping it any time soon. But whenever/ if do swap it I'd like to break 1000hp, but I just put this vp on last summer so I'll probably keep running it for a while if it'll hold. And no he didn't mention those but we didn't speak very long about turbos because he was goin to come up with some ideas for me and get back with me, but I just went ahead and bought injectors instead since I knew I was under fueled anyway for anything bigger. But the funds are up some now so I've got some room to play. I'm also goin to need a new manifold when I get one so I'm open to just about anything

Last edited:
Welp, the recommendations for a ppump truck and what you have now are going to be completely different things. From me anyways. I would build or start building the compound setup I want for the ppump swap. What you have now for a turbo could be utilized in a compound setup to reach your goals, with an external gate to help it live.

Well I kinda want to stick with a single for as long as I can. And I may even just ditch whatever turbo I get now and build a bigger set if I ever ppump it if it comes down to it. Right now I just want to get as much as I can out of the vp. And if it craps out and I ppump it I can still keep it for a while and run it until I decide on what I want out of a set of twins. That's kinda why I was just thinking about the 66 because I know a lot of people have 66/84 set ups and love them. But like I said I'm open to anything. And that was another question I had, since I'm goin to get a new manifold anyway, would I just be better of gettin one with an external gate? Or just get a turbo with an internal

sxe66 in the classifieds for a good price. I agree with jlbayes, your current charger would work well in a set of compounds.

There is also a complete 66/84 setup in the classifieds for sale. Everything you need.

Yeah I saw the twins and it looks like a pretty good deal but that's just a little more than I'm lookin to put into it right now. I'm goin to try and give a Weston a call in the mornin and see what's on his mind. But I know pdd is running a sell on sxe's this month so I might have to give Will a shout as well

"As much as you can get out it" will be compounds. A VP is rpm limited so you're just losing range with a big single. I ran a 66/71/13 with 7x.014's for a while, it was fun for a while but by the time it lit I only had 1000 rpm's left so I was always under the turbo. Hot smoky unusable mess.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

A 66/anything setup is a pointless setup on a vp. I also think anything bigger than say, a 64/71/14 as s single is pointless on a cold truck as well.
Once again I'm honestly suggesting a 63 or the likes. Would be a great turbo for a "smaller" set of twins later.

Once again I'm honestly suggesting a 63 or the likes. Would be a great turbo for a "smaller" set of twins later.

Which he already has with the Garrett that is on the truck. Only reason I made the suggestion that I did.

Which he already has with the Garrett that is on the truck. Only reason I made the suggestion that I did.

Where does it say his charger?
Also I wasn't contradicting anything you suggested if it came across that way.

Where does it say his charger?
Also I wasn't contradicting anything you suggested if it came across that way.

In his sig. You must be on tapatalk, GT3788r. I didn't take it that way, figured the sig was over looked by your response. :Cheer:

Yea I'm on tapatalk... My bad. Guess my statement was completely retarded with me knowing that now.

I just spoke with Weston. We've got somethin in the works, hopefully should have somethin coming pretty soon. Probably goin to stick around a 63 or 64 and after I ppump it, go for a nasty set of street/strip style twins. Should be a pretty fun set up

Back