Turbo Time

LittleWhite97

Alright guys and gals it's time for a turbo or turbos. Really haven't made my mind up yet on single of twins. I've searched the sight for a while and talked to several different people so I figured I'd get a couple more opinions before acutually buying a new turbo.
The truck I'm working on is a 97 12 valve. It has a #10 plate in it now slide ff, afc tuned just right for now, 7x.016 injectors, 024 dv, timing is at 18.5, 60lb Valve springs, ARP studs, s&b cold air & a banks intake. On the transmission side there's a nv 4500 with upgraded shafts and a valair dd clutch. I want a good street strip turbo combo because the truck will very rarely pull anything other than a small 4wheeler trailer.
So what I'm asking is what's the best single turbo for my set up and what would be the best twins for my setup. Thanks alot everyone for the info

I have searched and seen many different opinions and answers to that question but I was just wanting a few more before I made my final decision. Twins or single and what sizes on both different setups. I like the single and I like the twins just to much to choose from.

silver bullet 66, lol

Yea srt6, I seen what the bullet did on your truck! Took forever to spool run a 14 sec pass change to a fleece charger and turn a 11.9! Dont think I'll be running silver nuthen!!

Are you really running 7x.016" injectors?

Sorry, haven't been back to this thread in a while but yes that's what is in the truck now. The truck isn't a DD, just a on going project so I'm haven't drove it much with these injectors in it. Also been trying to gather stuff for short bed conversion.

Back to the turbos, thinking about going with the DPS twin set. D-tech 62 & s-475 combo. That's pretty close to what yal are recommending.

If you can afford it I prefer twins. I have tried alot of different stuff and for a fun street strip truck I will take twins any day. I currently have a 66mm single but I am just waiting on my new twins to show up now.

Yes sir, that's what I've learned ( heard & read ) and been saving for. Thanks for the info!
What twins set up are you gona run?

Yes sir, that's what I've learned ( heard & read ) and been saving for. Thanks for the info!
What twins set up are you gona run?

I currently have a 66/68/14 but I am swapping out a billet 6 blade 62mm compressor and putting a box stock S475 under it for now.

thanks lilwhite97 for starting thisi was in the same boat and have pretty much made up my mind now.

from what I've read and searched on the subject the DPS compounds are junk, cheap chinese turbos with a lot of warranty issues

Back