Turbo ???

06_Cummins

I now have a phatshaft 62/80 with 180/75 injectors. It is very laggy on the bottom end. I was wondering would how would those injectors run with a stock turbo? I want something that spools a little quicker. Or can I make the phatshaft spool quicker?

U should have no problem spooking that charger. I would check for boost leaks

On these trucks it's actually a laggy turbo.

A stock turbo will give you quicker spool on the bottom end, but it's going to hate life if you're running a higher HP tune on those sticks and flogging the truck hard.

The 38R spools quickly, so that's another option. The QSSB also is a good choice. Both of those work well with that injector.

Ive tried to do several boosted launches and it just doesnt want to light. Once I get going and hit around2200-2500 rpms it will really kick in. On the low end it just throws black smoke for about 7-10 seconds. Is there anyway to get some of the lag out? Maybe tuning?

Ive tried to do several boosted launches and it just doesnt want to light. Once I get going and hit around2200-2500 rpms it will really kick in. On the low end it just throws black smoke for about 7-10 seconds. Is there anyway to get some of the lag out? Maybe tuning?

I've driven a truck with that turbo, and it was laggy as hell. Plus over the years I've seen post after post on many different forums of the exact same lag issues with that very same turbo.

Tuning can only go so far. In the end, it just doesn't want to light as quickly as some of the others. Sorry.

I had the same charger a couple years ago. I could have it lit by 1700. I could boost it while holding the breaks with a converter 200rpm lower than stock stall. Something doesn't sound right.

from phone

I am running exact same turbo. It goes from 0 psi to wet your pants in about 5 seconds. Check for boost leaks. What is max boost at WOT?

Judging by the injector size, 6.0...

How hooked are you on keeping the turbo? There are stock pedestal options.

Back