Turbo

cbandit99

I need a bigger turbo since i'm running some 250 injectors on a stock turbo :badidea: so trying to get a upgrade to help air flow. I've been looking at a s400 none wastegated and i was wondering whats the advantages of having a wastegate vs not having one?

S400's as a single are real lazy on a driver. The heavier shafts and wheels really need some input from drive pressure to get them going. An S300 with a 66 wheel would really do well to around 700hp.

A wastegate helps control boost pressures & turbo speed. Too much boost can hurt the headgasket. Spin the turbo too fast and it can break parts.
I agree the S400 as a single would be pretty sad on the street.

I ran a s475 with DDP comp 250 injectors on the street for a little while. At 70mph I would have no boost. It wouldnt lite unless I smashed the throttle to the floor and then it would surge at 50 psi. I could black out a road for 10 miles if I wanted to. The turbo is on the bench now.

I ran a s475 with DDP comp 250 injectors on the street for a little while. At 70mph I would have no boost. It wouldnt lite unless I smashed the throttle to the floor and then it would surge at 50 psi. I could black out a road for 10 miles if I wanted to. The turbo is on the bench now.

What turbo are you using now?
I've been thinking about a Bigfoot for the HX52 67/74/16 on my workbench.

Back