Turbonetics 15181 for a 12 Valve...

LOGANSTANFORTH

WORKIN' MAN'S DOLLAR
I can buy the complete kit new for $1,400.00 brand new shipped, normally the kit is around $3,000.00, is it worth it for a fairly stock 12 valve?

And yes it's from a reputable dealer, they are just clearing their stock out...

I'd pass. I saw it listed on Google as a T5865 turbo, does that mean 58mm? Probably better off just buying an S357 or S362.

Ran a Turbonetics s366 on mine for a while. Decent charger, but they were never meant for diesels. The exhaust wheels were too small. Great for supras

It is essentially the same size as an S300G, for the money I think the BW would be a better choice.

I ran a custom built 66/68 ball bearing turbo from Turbonetics.
It was a slug to get to spool.
Towing, I saw 1200-1400*F in lock up.
Had to drive 75-80 mph, or not locked up, to cool it down to 1000*F

It was a long time ago...technology with tunes has come a long way, as I'm running a BW 66/68/.70 right now, and it spools 10 x faster than the Turbonetics did.

I ran a custom built 66/68 ball bearing turbo from Turbonetics.
It was a slug to get to spool.
Towing, I saw 1200-1400*F in lock up.
Had to drive 75-80 mph, or not locked up, to cool it down to 1000*F

It was a long time ago...technology with tunes has come a long way, as I'm running a BW 66/68/.70 right now, and it spools 10 x faster than the Turbonetics did.

I gotta correct myself here...
When I say slug...there were several issues...stock up pipe collector on a ford 6.0 is garbage.
The adaptor that Turbonetics supplied was not helping the issue get better.
To spool it on the brakes took a careful foot on the go pedal...in my case, I had to actually hear the engine to control the fuel feed to it, otherwise, I just over fuelled it, and nothing happened at all.
When I raced it, it had a 2.8+ second, 60 foot...as wearing a helmet, I couldn't hear what was happening...and over fuelled it again.
Pulling a 8000lbs trailer was a nightmare, as it ran extremely hot unless I was going 80+mph and the revs were above 2200.

On the street, it wasn't bad at all...even with a stock converter....a 22-2500 would have been perfect for it though.

With the one I ran, it wasn't gated at all, and had 80+ psi of drive to 40+psi boost.

Lots of things could have been done to remedy the drive pressure...
And the over fuelling was driver error, as well as tune adjustments...

I will just pick up a 300 series from Southeast Power Systems when I'm home...

If I ever want to twin turbo a small block I may buy a couple then...

Back