Turbonettics question

03dodgeoffroad

are the guys running them using the newer GT-K 650 ??? i was reading up on them they say that the newer compresser is more efficient at higher presure compared to there older wheels

Their super T series claims the same thing and doesn't use that compressor housing the gtk does. Who knows for sure.

I don't know off the top of my head. It's just a t66 compressor wheel from what I know about it. Mine is not a super t, just a t series.

T series with BB cartridge, only reason to go with tnetics in my opinion thus far, is more then $1000. As far as if the GT-K is worth it I would seriously doubt it but that's my opinion.

the GTK650 uses the same HP66 compressor wheel as our torquemaster setups... it's a 66/65 w/ a .68 T4 housing you can get it w/ different housings obv. It's a 2.5" hose outlet and a 3" v-band exhaust standard.

I think the torquemaster setups through Brett are a much better deal as they come w/ everything ready to bolt in.

My 66/68 setup is for sale as soon as it gets pulled off

i have been on there website today and the only difference between the torqemaster and the GT-K is the F-1 exhaust wheel

i have been on there website today and the only difference between the torqemaster and the GT-K is the F-1 exhaust wheel

Supposedly the torquemaster stuff uses the F-1 wheel is that not correct or is that what you were saying?

BTW, Forrest and I both have what would be referred to as stage 3. The stage 2 is the 65mm turbine wheel.

ok well i guess they need to update there website it says the torqemaster has the hp66 wheel but nothing about the exhaust

so basically the only difference between the torqemaster and the GT-K is the compressor housing

HP66 is the compressor side... the HP implies the MWE slot... the GTK series just has a fancy looking MWE shroud.

I think they're banking on the fact that they look cool. :eek:

also realize that the torquemaster setup lists for like $2300. Brett can hook it up. If you want to save even more money, mine's coming off very soon (need a smaller turbo for high altitude) and will be/is for sale

Forrest did you have spooling problem with your setup? If I can remember correctly you went with a t66 and a long tube exhaust manifold. If so the manifold is problibly you problem. We tried ones like that before and the turbos would not light.

yeah, I've thought about that... it's not bad... I know that Nick is about to swap over to a cast manifold vs. the tubular one he was running. I'm waiting to see his results.

You will see them sunday hopefully, come on ups with my MLS gaskets!!!

turbonetics turbos are overpriced and poorly designed.

if i remember forest you had some pretty high drive pressures with yours.

I had 48-50psi of boost to 68-70psi of drive pressure.

do you have any head work or a cam? while not great numbers, I will say that drive pressure is one of those things that once the turbine side becomes a cork, it kinda goes off the charts... so gating down only a few psi of boost might bring drive down substantially

also, we take our drive pressure readings at the turbine inlet. I would be interested to see what drive pressure looks like at the turbine inlet with a cast manifold vs. a tubular header with zero other changes

Back