Turbos for 1300 Hp ?

No joke. LOL This gives me heartburn.

I do appreciate Westons help , but there are varying opinions .Secondly, I was told to call him. Everyone has the best turbos . The OP was intended for informational purposes not derogatory and egotistical comments .

Westons suggestion is 366/73 T4 and 488/96 T6

Fire Punk 472/87 T4 and 488/96 T6

Forced Ind. 472/88 T4 and 488/102 T6

Stainless Diesel 472/87or 96 T4 or T6 485/96 T6

If you haven't noticed all the setups are different and Weston is the only one with a S300. Certainly there is one that a best fit my needs.

At the end of the day , best turbos to meet my needs wins.
I am doing it once and doing it right . With around $8k going out of my bank account, due dillegence is necessary from my prospective .

By the way , I don't see your opinion on the subject at hand.
Why not ?

There are many ways to get to where you want. You won't actually know what's best until you try at least 3 to 5 different combinations. Not meaning to rain on your parade, just speaking from experience.

I do appreciate Westons help , but there are varying opinions .Secondly, I was told to call him. Everyone has the best turbos . The OP was intended for informational purposes not derogatory and egotistical comments .

If you haven't noticed all the setups are different and Weston is the only one with a S300. Certainly there is one that a best fit my needs.

I am doing it once and doing it right . With around $8k going out of my bank account, due dillegence is necessary from my prospective .

Why not ?

You will not do it once unless you are easily satisfied. I would sure hope you don't spend $8k on two turbochargers regardless of what they are. I would tend to agree with Weston on this subject. One large reason: shaft speed. We see small frame turbochargers live a lot longer life as secondaries due to their ability to take overspeed much better. S400s do not like overspeed. Their larger shaft diameter results in a much higher surface speed at the bearing and the largest number of failures we see out of them is from just that. You will get a differing opinion out of everywhere you call but nobody can guarantee you in writing what will happen because every setup is different and every driver has a different taste. The reason you rarely see my opinion on this stuff is the fact that people are generally window shoppers so unless I am asked directly I do not waste my breath. Not saying you are a window shopper but that is why.

Last edited:
To be clear, is the 366 Weston is pitching the clipped turbine?

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

You will not do it once unless you are easily satisfied. I would sure hope you don't spend $8k on two turbochargers regardless of what they are. I would tend to agree with Weston on this subject. One large reason: shaft speed. We see small frame turbochargers live a lot longer life as secondaries due to their ability to take overspeed much better. S400s do not like overspeed. Their larger shaft diameter results in a much higher surface speed at the bearing and the largest number of failures we see out of them is from just that. You will get a differing opinion out of everywhere you call but nobody can guarantee you in writing what will happen because every setup is different and every driver has a different taste. The reason you rarely see my opinion on this stuff is the fact that people are generally window shoppers so unless I am asked directly I do not waste my breath. Not saying you are a window shopper but that is why.

Thanks for your input .
The $8k is the total package from stainless , not just turbos .

I have saw where a GTX4202R/GTX5533R(98mm) may cost $7- $8K for turbos.
If that combo would be the best of both worlds for me (power, responsiveness, longevity) I would buy them . If I can get something similar with BW for 1/3 of the cost or less (that's what I am hearing), that's the route I will go.

I assure you I am not a window shopper.

There are many ways to get to where you want. You won't actually know what's best until you try at least 3 to 5 different combinations. Not meaning to rain on your parade, just speaking from experience.

I'll second this.

To be clear, is the 366 Weston is pitching the clipped turbine?

S366 SX-E with a T4 0.83AR internally waste gated housing since lag was a concern. Certainly a 68-72mm S400 could be substituted on the manifold, seems a bit large for the power goal.

Why not ?

The stainless setup is a package that is proven to be able to produce 1400HP range. Thats a plus.

The stainless setup is a complete package and is the only one I can find that sells a quality twin turbo piping kit for the 2012 . Weston recommended slosh Fab but they do not make a kit ,yet. Total package is a plus.

Gut feeling is the stainless 485 will spool better than the 488's others offer. I am pretty sure Weston said a 485 would be great but he only offers a 480 and 488 .

The knuckle sandwich offers a 472/96 on the manifold ,however I see a 468/83 on their site and my gut feeling is, it would have better street manners, but you probably would give up some power potential .

I do see where fleece offers a 468/87 (stainless only offers a 468/83 to my knowledge) sooo I am wondering how about putting the fleece 468/87 on the manifold with the Stainless 485 sxe. Wouldn't this potentially create the best responsiveness?
or Westons 366/73 on the manifold with the stainless 485SXE ??
I really am thinking the 485sxe is the best atmospheric at this point . Change my mind ......

The stainless setup is a package that is proven to be able to produce 1400HP range. Thats a plus.

The stainless setup is a complete package and is the only one I can find that sells a quality twin turbo piping kit for the 2012 . Weston recommended slosh Fab but they do not make a kit ,yet. Total package is a plus.

Gut feeling is the stainless 485 will spool better than the 488's others offer. I am pretty sure Weston said a 485 would be great but he only offers a 480 and 488 .

The knuckle sandwich offers a 472/96 on the manifold ,however I see a 468/83 on their site and my gut feeling is, it would have better street manners, but you probably would give up some power potential .

I do see where fleece offers a 468/87 (stainless only offers a 468/83 to my knowledge) sooo I am wondering how about putting the fleece 468/87 on the manifold with the Stainless 485 sxe. Wouldn't this potentially create the best responsiveness?
or Westons 366/73 on the manifold with the stainless 485SXE ??
I really am thinking the 485sxe is the best atmospheric at this point . Change my mind ......

Don't over think this stuff. If you're wanting a good fitting drop in kit just get in touch with Firepunk, wherli, Evil, or HPP.

Stainless does great at marketing, and fitment is great. Beyond that the turbos aren't anything special.

Your power goal is very easy with your setup. The problem here is your on a T3 manifold with a relatively smallish and outdated seconday.

Switching to a T4 manifold and opening that turbine up a bit while keeping the 480 you already have would do wonders.

66sxe T4 with 1.0 exhaust gets my vote.

Don't over think this stuff. If you're wanting a good fitting drop in kit just get in touch with Firepunk, wherli, Evil, or HPP.

Stainless does great at marketing, and fitment is great. Beyond that the turbos aren't anything special.

Your power goal is very easy with your setup. The problem here is your on a T3 manifold with a relatively smallish and outdated seconday.

Switching to a T4 manifold and opening that turbine up a bit while keeping the 480 you already have would do wonders.

This may be the best proposition yet !

Not really the site to ask this on but I am curious: what do you need more horsepower to achieve on the street? You may find going to a larger setup will feel much slower. We see it a lot where a guy swaps his single S300 frame for an S400 frame and regrets every second of it. A snappy setup is loads more fun on the street than a laggy setup that makes 500 more hp for me.

he "could" use t3 to t4 adapter and keep current manifold.

True, just looking at the motor running a "stg 3 head" chances are there's some restriction taking place.
He said streetable. Id want to keep velocity numbers up. $.02

Im waiting for his next thread on 1300hp streetable transmissions :hehe:

He said streetable. Id want to keep velocity numbers up. $.02

Im waiting for his next thread on 1300hp streetable transmissions :hehe:

578565bb0d493.jpeg

I bet Mazak has a good trans. He doesn't seem scared to spend money.

Back