Turning up a DT motor

B_Schutz

I want to turn up our 1466 with a DT436. Besides manually turning up the original pump, what is possible to do to these motors? We still use this occasionally on the farm, so nothing outragous. Whats a couple of steps to head in the right direction?

Well, first off what kind of goals do you have for this tractor powerwise?

Stock turbo (more than likely a wore out TO4) isn't good for much more than 230 to 250hp so you can start there. Then you can move on to a set of bigger injectors; go with more than 4 holes (stock injectors and some cheap performance injectors are 4 hole). If you don't mind a little fabrication and don't plan on running it at the local pulls, installing an intercooler can also help.

Those are just simple places to start, I'm sure smokin binder will have more specifics for you, he seems to be our resident DT expert :Cheer:

Just depends on where you want to end hp horsepower wise. And how hard do you work it?

All determines what else needs upgraded with the bump in hp.

Eric

Yep, need a few specifics. A list for 30 more hp will be a lot different than the 100hp list.
I'm no expert, it's just a hobby I'm trying to get going on. I mainly go for the trucks, but these are relatively close.

Back