Turns out it was Diesel Fever 08 LMM

crazydavez28

Flying out to Atlanta to pick up my first Diesel truck on friday.

Getting an 08 Crew Cab LT2 DirtyMax in mocha steel metallic. Everything I wanted in my first truck. So freakin excited I can't sleep... hoping that I can keep it stock till the warranty runs out and then it's go time:Cheer:. This will be my project hauler not my project (for now).

CrazyDave

Sounds like a nice ride have to post some pics and good luck keeping it stock

Rule #1) It's not a dirtymax unless she's done the dirty on top of the motor.

Rule #2) there is no rule #2.

Rule #1) It's not a dirtymax unless she's done the dirty on top of the motor.

Rule #2) there is no rule #2.

Thats what she said!

Sounds like a Nice ride. Have fun with the "Diesease":welcome:

Here is pic of it. I just love this color.

25737006363321989388IM1MAIN565x421_A562x421.jpg

JW if I could get the short answer to how much is gained by doing the DPF delete as far as mileage is concerned? (KS = no inspections)

My '08 Duramax was deleted when I got it, but gets 15mpg mixed driving and 17 driving on interstate (both hand calculated). Nice ride btw, hope you enjoy it.

Welcome! Nice truck!

I don't see anything to "dirty" about it if it's still stock...just saying

Sharp truck! Mileage gains are all in your foot. Typically we see 10-30% increases, every truck is different depending on the driver, loads hauled, etc. I've never seen a truck drop fuel economy due to tuning.

It is not dirty yet, hopefully it's really clean when I get it:woohoo:. Going to have to focus on my projects real hard to keep from tapping this well of potential.

I guess I have my Camaro for going fast in...

Just an update and prolly my last post here I flew out and looked the truck over. After the test drive I couldn't sign the check fast enough.

GM did a great job of putting together a smooth running, quiet diesel pickup. I'm a little disappointed it won't blow any smoke :badidea: at all but I guess it's not designed too so I'm glad it doesn't.

Averaged 17mpg bone stock except 285/70r17's my only disappointment is the small fuel tank.

Compared to other brands, GM trucks all have small fuel tanks. I vented the top of mine and gained 5 gal capacity. When that DPF plugs you'll think 17mpg was awesome! LOL

I guess I'll correct my mistake. Apparently the paint code is for Cocoa Metallic which is darker than Mocha steel which makes this deal even sweeter cuz I thought the Mocha steel was too light anyway.

Giggity

Compared to other brands, GM trucks all have small fuel tanks. I vented the top of mine and gained 5 gal capacity. When that DPF plugs you'll think 17mpg was awesome! LOL

Could you point me toward a write up on how to vent the tank? I would like to get more range out of this beast.

After driving the truck for two weeks the racer in me is getting the upper hand and I believe EFI Live is closer than expected :evil ... y'all were right on that one.

Back