Twin combo

Beasty

I wanted to see what the thoughts might be on this twin combo. Motor has been completely built all new internals with the plans of being right at 1k hp the initial setup is a billet s366/billet s478 twin stroker pumps and twin fuel lab 200. I came across a gtx5533r 94comp 133turbine 1.24 t6 the price was to good to pass. This is a 5.9 its a show and play truck no towing no nothing I plan to drive it on the street now and then for some hwy fun as it is a handshaker. Now I'm really wondering with tuning could I go the s478/gtx5533r and have any kind of street manners and see what kind of hp I can get fuel only. Let me know thoughts the 478 is 96/88 1.32 on turbine side right now but I believe I can down size the housing if needed its a Ed turbo. Thanks just looking for opinions and something different. Sorry for the length

I don't think you would ever spool the s478/96. Even if you can get it down to a .90 ar exhaust housing.

Can't see from my phone but are you a CR?

76/96 isn't hard with good tuning on a CR.

With proper supporting mods, a 75/96.9 or 1.0 should spool well. I ran a 75/92/.9 and it was a breeze, now 80/96/1.1 and it's still easy but I've got more CI now

Only thing I didn't do on motor build was have the intake plenum milled off but I have another head that Im wanting to send off and have done even been looking at some of the after market heads coming out

Yea looking back kinda of wish I would have done a 6.7 conversion but to late so just wanted to see how much I can go with on the 5.9 and not just be an absolute horror to drive on street if I wanted to go play in it. For the most part its a show truck. Really want to see what it will do at the Texas mile eventually the 3 pedal not real conducive to drags

With proper supporting mods, a 75/96.9 or 1.0 should spool well. I ran a 75/92/.9 and it was a breeze, now 80/96/1.1 and it's still easy but I've got more CI now

What are you running as primary. I've read and read and looked and looked still yet to fully understand how to match a twin set. Of course I want to use the gt55

Last edited:
Please disregard all my posts...apparently I can't read. I missed the twins part, I'm running single turbo

Please disregard all my posts...apparently I can't read. I missed the twins part, I'm running single turbo

10-4 dang you were getting my hopes up. Well maybe somebody will chime in. I know there have been some s400/s500 run a street driven trucks just don't know any to really ask their experiences. I did shoot some pm's hoping to get some feedback.

Thinking about all of this would i be better off selling the 478 then go to say a 467/gtx55 our maybe just use the s366/gtx55 thoughts? Main goal is some street manners for just driving I'm not pulling anything with this truck and as much hp I can squeeze out of the 5.9 on fuel

Last edited:
With as many people that rave about the 467 as a single on a CR, I can't see how you could go wrong with that turbo behind a gt55. Should be more HP than you could ever use on the street with enough manners to actually drive it there.

One last question what are the thoughts on the gtx55 being 11blade billet wheel is there any up our down to it being the primary. I know its been said in the past the higher wheel count likes higher pr

Back