twin install

moneymaker44

OK fixing to install my twins this week ! any tips or pointers from those who have done it already.

one thing i have been looking at is where to run the 2nd oil return line for the bottom turbo .

figure about twice the time that you think... it just takes time. I removed the second oil plug from the side of the block and installed the second factory oil bung for my second drain.

Lavon

that plug located close to the other one? i think i see a place but it looks as though a bracket is blocking it.

twice the time for me means this could take weeks LOL

I think your right. Ive only seen one on the 12v blocks that i have.
Commin rail trucks have 2 or 3.
TOMMY

I just hung some twins on my truck while it is down to check for clearance and what I would do it bolt everything up and to the manifold and then lower it in as one piece with a cherry picker. I think that would work well, if you need any help man just give me a shout!

you have to make a hole in the oil pan for the return line go to sourceautomotive.biz and he has directions of were it needs to be. I took my pan off cause i had to much time on my hands and welded it in to be safe and make sure no metal shavings got in there.

OK fixing to install my twins this week ! any tips or pointers from those who have done it already.

one thing i have been looking at is where to run the 2nd oil return line for the bottom turbo .

You are gonna have to drill into the oil pan

If you look up my gallery on dieseltruckresource.com I have the same name as i do on here, u will see what i did with mine, or pm me an email addy and ill send you my twins pics install...

As stated, Rip from source automotive has directions for where to punch it. What i did was use the stock oil drain from the 35, cut it, weld it and put it where it needs to be, works flawlessly... :)

took my best friend, my cousin, and myself eight hours to install everything, IE from poppin the hood to final turn of the key. The tuning itself and tightenin of everything took longer than that....

Just be patient, have your tools handy, CHANGE YOUR OIL after youdrill into the pan, a step bit helps, and if possible, bolt on the support for the bottom charger first before you put the turbo, that will save you lots of headache.. have a torch handy incase that 35 or whatever u have turbo down pipe and muffler get in the way.. i know i cut off my muffler....

GO for it! u will never go single again

Rick

heres my home made twins finished but the filter shield

Attachments

• truck rebuild 168.jpg
    truck rebuild 168.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 65
  • truck rebuild 166.jpg
    truck rebuild 166.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 58
What are you using to mount the primary?
If you mean me Im useing a T/74 for the primary heres how I made the mount and with it bolt in.

Attachments

• truck rebuild 062.jpg
    truck rebuild 062.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 58
  • truck rebuild 089.jpg
    truck rebuild 089.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 48
  • truck rebuild 060.jpg
    truck rebuild 060.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Gotcha, I was curious what Moneymaker was planning to use. Reno your set looks sharp with all the red under the hood. Powdercoat or paint?

Gotcha, I was curious what Moneymaker was planning to use. Reno your set looks sharp with all the red under the hood. Powdercoat or paint?
powder coat I can drop it off at 9am and pickup at noon most of the time I dont like wimpe brackets as this one has a 06 oem exhaust brake mounted to the primary

Attachments

• truck rebuild 095.jpg
    truck rebuild 095.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 42
  • truck rebuild 108.jpg
    truck rebuild 108.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 39
I dont like wimpy brackets either, here is the TwinPlate we make.

Attachments

• Wastegate002.jpg
    Wastegate002.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 59
Are you supporting it on the bottom too? or hanging all the wight on the the manifold.

There are two braces off the back side of the plate to triangulate between the bellhousing and cylinder head. Taking the load off the manifold center section. The plate itself bolted up and both turbos on will support the load without the manifold in place, if you bracket it correctly. Then the manifold is used for alignment and expelling the exhaust.

Back