twin lift pump

Shortbedguy

2zpmx4y.jpg

The Cummins lift($99) pump is made in ChinaI seem I replaced it once a year.this year about one from Napa because it was made in the USA (carter $150).on the box it said made in the USA but not on the pump. that pump look identical to the Chinese one. I am running on %100 on atf and it's probably my problem but it's worth it
since I was having this pump rebuild I went ahead and had the Machine for a second lift pump made by bosch.I still haven't to figure out if I'm going to run a second fuel line from the tank.

34ytov9.jpg
here are some of the part numbers on the pump Bosch Fp\kg 24 p 221- 0 440 008 134

So is that like a stock plunger style lift pump? That'd be kinda neat.

When you say you're running 100% on atf... what do you mean? Auto Trans Fluid instead of engine oil?

My original pump lasted to about 250000 miles, and the next one was just fine at 40000 miles.
It sounds like you didn't have clean oil, or you were using something it didn't like.

That aside, I like the side pump idea. You should get it done, and then see what kind of pressure you can maintain at WOT. List what you've got done too

If I'm seeing it right, the second lift pump is being mounted directly on the p-pump?

I run on used oil as fuel in my truck too. Super cheap.

I don't kill my lift pump yearly even on WMO/black diesel.

And good on you for sticking with mechanical lift pump. Dead reliable and don't mind alternative fuels.

I'm assuming english is not his primary language. I have a hard time following what he is saying.

I could've sworn this guy was from Redding, CA. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Back