Twin stick transfer case for drag racing

TJSHOTROD

Have any of you who are running 4 slicks thought about putting in a twin stick transfer case so you can heat up the front slicks as well as the back.
I would think this would work great for trucks like Maddogs. Can you say 40 pound launch.:ylsuper:

TJ

Neat idea... but I dont think it would help Maddog to get those 37" Toyo MT's all that hot. LOL LOL

A Maddog... You ever think of takin off those pullin tires and adding some that have track bite? LOL (Though launch antics like the recent vid are crazy cool to watch. :bow: :rockwoot: )

Amish Elegance said:
Neat idea... but I dont think it would help Maddog to get those 37" Toyo MT's all that hot. LOL LOL

A Maddog... You ever think of takin off those pullin tires and adding some that have track bite? LOL (Though launch antics like the recent vid are crazy cool to watch. :bow: :rockwoot: )
He had 4 "slicks" on in that race bro....

I was thinking the same thing a while back for a cheby racer I know. I think twin sticking would be pretty usable at the track, plus cool as hell. you figure 4 hot and stickys are better than two.:drive: bet a np205 would be a good swap, both for strength and easy twin stick capabilitys.

Why bother?? Unless you are getting to crazy power levels with a street weight truck you likely won't need it. I've watched Darren Morrison's black truck launch numerous times, wheel spin has not been a problem, heck, you might want some wheel spin to keep from breaking driveline components.

His truck could leave harder if he could leave with more boost and still hook up. 4 warm slicks would hook harder than cold ones.

TJ

and break stuff more than likely, you have to have a little give on the traction end of it otherwise you will break parts.

edgerat said:
and break stuff more than likely, you have to have a little give on the traction end of it otherwise you will break parts.

If something breaks you upgrade and try again.

Back