Twin Turbo Question?

BullfrogJohnson

Black Smoke Junkie
What would twin well with a S465? I am thinking a S480? Would like to hear some opinions.

Also what housings would you run? What type and size of wastegates? I am very unfamiliar with twins and would love to gain some knowledge.

Thanks

i talked to Tial few months ago... a 44mm will handle a 4088/4718 setup 64/88
email i sent..
i am looking running a compound twin turbo setup on a diesel 6.6 duramax. small turbo is a GT4094 witha .85a/r housing and the large is a GT4718 with a .96 or 1.08 a/r housing. with 80-90psi of boost after the intercooler.

plans are to waste gate both turbos indpendantly of each other. from what i undserstand teh 44mm would be up to the task for both turbos correct?
v/r

adam
response.
44s will be fine

Jake

TiAL
jakes email Jake Niergarth <Jake@Tialsport.com>

80mm wheel min
95-100mm pending a/r housings max.

the thing to remeber with waste gates is the make a small a/r houseing act/function like a big a/r housing on the top end.

Two large frame chargers like that will not work very well together - fairly laggy. You want a good bottom end charger to get the larger top end charger going so that the whole power band is really smooth. Drop back to something a little smaller than the 465 but a 44-50 gate between the two and you should be fine.

Two large frame chargers like that will not work very well together - fairly laggy. You want a good bottom end charger to get the larger top end charger going so that the whole power band is really smooth. Drop back to something a little smaller than the 465 but a 44-50 gate between the two and you should be fine.

a 465 is roughly the size of a silver bullet... as long as his turbine housing isn't ginormous, he'll be fine

It really just depends on what turbine wheel and housing on the 465, with a small wheel and housing it will be just fine.

Back