twins idea for a 04 lly duramax

scott2001

Its never fast enough
I dont plan on doing this no time soon, so dont yall get your hopes up. lol

but do they make a kit to use the factory turbo off a 04 lly and make a twin kit out of it.

Not as the primary turbo, no. All base twin kits use the OE in the valley

what would you use after that, just mostly a towing truck, mild injectors

Im running a GT4202 with my stock LBZ charger, the Twin (Compound) Turbo Kit im using is from MPI. I belive he is using a S475 as top charger on the newer kits. Im really happy with the MPI basic kit from Nathan. Its great for towing, and the truck will be a bad ass weekend warrior with the right tuning. Im still running the stock injectors, but most guys are using 30-40% over injectors with that size of twins.

Most builders use an S475 like he said or an S480 as an upgrade, and 40-45 over nozzles.

Where you guys plumbing the oil drain for the primary? I'm in the process of building my own twins for an LLY 05 Duramax truck.

I'm going into the oil pan.

I've seen Trent go into the valve cover though, seems like a nice easy place as long as your primary is high enough.

I went with an S475 and GT3788r.

If you're on a budget go stocker over S475, perfect for daily driving and a great towing set up.

I'm going into the oil pan.

I've seen Trent go into the valve cover though, seems like a nice easy place as long as your primary is high enough.

I went with an S475 and GT3788r.

If you're on a budget go stocker over S475, perfect for daily driving and a great towing set up.

Thanks buddy. Not sure yet on which turbos yet, sure like to keep the stock turbo GT40, as we have just put in a larger wheel (high flow). Not sure how we are going to flip it around. Its my brothers truck, I probably go garrett something for the primary, with a T-4 housing, just for those wicked fast spool-ups. Just working thru a engine LLY build-up right now.

No problem. Just don't go with the housing that will best work for what you want to do with the truck. You don't wanna go too small if you plan on making big power.

Here's my set up

a6898d8c-483c-76f6.jpg

a6898d8c-486f-9337.jpg

Back