twins project

12vcummins96

lovin those huffers
ok well ive got a 12v auto i know you have to get rid of the heat exchanger and add a external tranny cooler but my question is did you all have lines made to take place of it or where did you buy them
Any info is greatly appreciated :bow:

ok after doin some reading i thought i would update this i have a double row fan forced tranny cooler im putting in place of the heat exchanger i saw a thread where a guy put it by his tranny well ive got those not so quick diconnect fittings on my tranny im thinking i will just replace those with a pipe fitting to a -6 an and make some short lines
what do you all think will that work

Last edited:
-8 would be better (nearing 1/2" on the hose ID), sounds like a plan. Mounting location doesnt really matter so long as the fan has adequate ventilation space

i agree that -8 would be better hmmmm now trying to find the fittings without having so many adapters to make it work

The factory cooler lines are 1/2". The actual port inside diameter at the tranny are smaller 3/8", so it's your call on the transmission cooler line size. I'm a cheap son-of-a-gun and I still paid the extra bucks for 1/2" lines.

You can pick up 3/8" line locally at any autoparts store, the 1/2" stuff is harder to come by, and about $2.25 per foot.

i am thinkin so bigger is always better i am definetly not gonna skimp when it comes to my tranny

1/4NPT to -8 fittng @ trans case, then -8 fittings throughout; I just purchased a handful of summit brand fittings & hose myself

Last edited:
I did this on mine as well. I also purchased the russell pressure adapter fitting so i can put a tranny temp gauge in.

This is the only pic i have of it... you can see it on the left side there. I just used some brass fittings from a local hardware store then the russell fittings.

DSC_6092.jpg

yeah i have a deep tranny pan so my temp sender is located in that but great idea

ok i just got finished spending almost 400.00 on an stuff from anplumbing.com man that stuff can get expensive :doh:

oh well will be well worth it when im done with the twins

ill tell you what was more expensive was the black anotuff fittings but i wanted black
my list of stuff was
2 -8 to 1/4 npt
2 -6 to -6 orb
1 -8 to -4 adapter
6ft of -6 hose
10ft of -8 hose
2 -8 to -8 45* fittings
2 -6 to -6 fittings
2 -8 to -8 fittings
2 -6 to -6 90* fittings
1 -6 orb plug
1 -8 orb plug with 1/8 pipe port