Twins Questions

KingS

what exhaust pipe do you use for a 12v setup I heard it is just a down pipe for a 3rd gen? Is this true if so could you just buy a 5 inch 3rd gen down pipe and clamp to the big turbo?

What do you guys set the waste gate on the top turbo to open up at psi wise?

And can you just make the piping out of exhaust pipe and cut and tig weld it together as you need it to run?

you will need a 5" start collar off the big turbo and build from there. i know of no down pipes that are a bolt in for a twin turbo set up. i have my waste gate set at 23psi on my hx40 that is on top of a bht3e with a 26cm exhaust housing. and by all means cut and weld your own and save some bucks if you can.

I just got done checking my local parts store for piping to connect them together I can get all of that cheap but I need to know what 5 inch down pipe I need so I can mount the bottom turbo up and start doing the measuring for the connecting pipes I know I can buy the down pipe from source automotive but was seeing if I can fine it cheaper else where first any body have information or help on mounting and hooking the twins up post away the more minds the better it will give my more ideas and choices to how I'm building this setup.

Oh and I'm using my stock HX35 on top and HT3B on bottom I might change the top turbo later this year or next but that depends on how this setup works for me. Thanks fellow diesel nutz.

Any place that sells twins will sell you the down pipe. Wether it will work with your setup, who knows. The best way is to get the outlet from a trucks shop or Rip and two 5" 45* elbows from a truck shop or napa. Then you just weld every thing togeter. If you need a support bracket for the 3b PM me. I think I've got a few laying around that I dont need anymore.

Back