Twins, twins, twins, twins..........

dodgediesel

Canadian Diesel Guy
Boy it sure is hard to make a twin turbo decision these days. So many kits, so variable in price, don't go to small, don't go to big. Buy these ones, don't buy those ones. Man am I lost!!!! So I'm gonna ask everyone here for their opinions. So here goes and sorry for the novel but this guy needs some help........

I'm ready for twins as far as mods so I'm looking for fast spool. I'm going to start out with my stock injectors and then later possibly go to a 90hp max. My converter is a bit tight so I need a good spooling set so I can't go huge and don't want to go full race style. I don't want to be a race monster like Kevin or Aaron. I still have to tow in the summer my 32' trailer. If I put on twins and can't tow, my wife will burn my truck and let me try to put it out with the one beer I'm drinking because I can't afford more beer because I bought twins........

Some say the BD700's are too small, the II New style kit with a PS62/S474 is too small, and so on. I don't want to go the Garett route because of all the cooling lines and very expensive. As you guys know, I like neat and clean so I don't want it to look like a jungle under my hood. I do greatly appreciate any advice. When it comes to $5000.00, I want to do this once.

The new style Industrial Injection twins are the best bang for the buck at $4200.00 for the entire kit with 2 new turbo's and it uses all the stock downpipe. The classic II Towing kit (62/K31) is $4900.00. The BD R700's are $4500.00 ATS kit is $5100.00 and purple but a nice looking set up. Do any of the classic twin kits use the stock downpipe? The new style looks to be the way to go but I still love the look of the classic twin style, what a hard decision to make. What do you guys think? Thanks

Last edited:
Have you thought about a 2/3's kit that uses your existing turbo as your secondary charger and usually an s475 as the primary. most kits come with all piping, oil lines, and downpipe with the primary charger for around $3000 or sometimes less.

Yeah if you want fast spooling and still wanna tow I would go with a stocker/s474 or s475, or a 62/474 or 475. With only 90hp injectors you won't be able to spool a big set of twins anyways.

build ur own

Exactly:bow:

Spending $4k+ on a set of not so custom turbos is beyond me. An s475 is $600 and a 62/65 is around $1400 or so. Where the other $2200+ comes from, I have no idea. The fab work really is not that intense, and the materials in NO WAY come close to that price tag. I think alot of these companies are just greedy:kick:

It ain't hard to build them and you already have a great secondary turbo. Spend $600 on a brand new s475 with a 1.1ar, get some flanges and oil lines from sourceautomotive, and a piece of schedule 40 pipe for the hotpipe. Make a weekend out of it and spend less than $1500.

I went with the 64/480 combo from source automotive. Fit great, no headaches.

If you dont have the ability to do the fab work I will second the source auto 2/3 kit. Definatly a real nice setup and alot cheaper than most. I dont know what turbo you are running but an S362 is definatly a nice setup. The HX35 choked out to much above 3k RPMs, even after cutting the devider out and enlarging the wastegate. I would stay conservative on the secondary turbo to help spool with those big tires. I spend 98% of my driving on my secondary.

Looks like the full Source kit or the New style II kit are the winners.....

I used turboluvrs 2/3'rds kit to stuff the 480 under the 64 I already had, great kit, great price, fit perfect.

Exactly:bow:

Spending $4k+ on a set of not so custom turbos is beyond me. An s475 is $600 and a 62/65 is around $1400 or so. Where the other $2200+ comes from, I have no idea. The fab work really is not that intense, and the materials in NO WAY come close to that price tag. I think alot of these companies are just greedy:kick:

U can buy everything from source one peice at a time i just soon build my own and take more pride when i show it off

We could build ya a set if ya want. I'm in Edmonton and just finishing up a set on a vp truck. S362/475

Back