Two extra turbos. Cheap triples?

smokin247

I have a 63 on the manifold and I have 2 hx35s sitting around would they flow enough tO be the atmospheric stage in triples? I'm in the middle of a full rebuild but this idea keeps filling my head so I figured I'd ask some pro's.

By no means would it be the perfect set up but I think it would be fun until I can get an auto and go to somethin larger.

Hx35 X2 is around the same amount of air as an ht3 or 471

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I was going to do this on my truck, but couldn't find the turbos/ didn't want to spend the money.

I would do it, it wouldn't be the best setup but if they are free and you can build the piping yourself why not!

I would do all the piping myself, I'm a welder fabricator by trade. I figure someone would want it as a kit when I go bigger anyway. An hx35 flows 50 cfm if I remember right. Which would put them just above a s475 with a cast wheel? Or do you lose efficiency in the set up?

Last edited:
I'm seeing 52 lbs/min from an HX and 98 lbs/min from a 75. Do you lose efficiency running them in parallel or does 52 x 2 simply = 104 lbs/min?

Am I correct in thinking you just double the flow of the turbo or is there more to it?

I'm seeing 52 lbs/min from an HX and 98 lbs/min from a 75.

52 lbs from an HX? seems overzealous

And yes, double the flow... but you need to watch where you're picking the mass flow rate relative to the pressure ratio on the different maps. Peak flow for one may be at twice the PR on the other.

Last edited:
52 lbs from an HX? seems overzealous

And yes, double the flow... but you need to watch where you're picking the mass flow rate relative to the pressure ratio on the different maps. Peak flow for one may be at twice the PR on the other.

i was seeing 52-60 lbs/min and i know its not 60. do anyone have a map for an hx35? I havent been able to find one.

Back