UDC Sample Tunes

AH64ID

I have put two sample tunes together. One is for the Jr, the other for the Sr.

Standard liability stuff. If you use either of these files you are responsible for anything you do to your truck. These are meant to be sample tunes for people to look at.

The Jr tune is based on an otherwise stock truck. It uses stock duration and rail pressure. It should be about a 70-90 rwhp tune. It's very smooth and easy to drive.

The Sr tune is also a mild tune designed around a stock-stockish truck. The rail pressure has been smoothed, and dropped in the lower rpm band. There are no dips/valleys and as load builds so does rail pressure. The duration has been increased on the upper end for a little added power, but not by much.

Both tunes use very mild torque management on the bottom end, which makes it easier to tow and drive on dirt.

What I have found with airflow improvements, drive pressure reduction rather, is that the truck doesn't like as much timing as stock in the cruise rpms and low rpm/loads. So if you put this on something with a better flowing turbo it may rattle a little.

Attachments

• UDC Samples.zip
    14 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks for all of your time and support John..

2005 - HE351/A5K - ARP - Arson lll - 70HP Nozzles

rlawless & AH64 you can tell you guys are communicating. Your tables are very similar. I was thinking the 03's need more timing because the have two shot of fuel vs the 05 and up trucks that three. I thought the SRR 03 guys said the 03's like more pressure less timing an little duration. Now I don't know what to think. The 1600 -2600 RPM @ 30% -50% you guys are running more timing by a couple degree's in some area's. I think I need to make a program similar to what you guys are doing to see what happens. The current program I'm running is pretty smooth and clean except when I punch at around 1600 I will get a puff but then it cleans right up. I thinking more timing may clean that up a little.

rlawless & AH64 you can tell you guys are communicating. Your tables are very similar. I was thinking the 03's need more timing because the have two shot of fuel vs the 05 and up trucks that three. I thought the SRR 03 guys said the 03's like more pressure less timing an little duration. Now I don't know what to think. The 1600 -2600 RPM @ 30% -50% you guys are running more timing by a couple degree's in some area's. I think I need to make a program similar to what you guys are doing to see what happens. The current program I'm running is pretty smooth and clean except when I punch at around 1600 I will get a puff but then it cleans right up. I thinking more timing may clean that up a little.

Trying to clean up a puff of smoke from a throttle punch is asking a bit much on a diesel... Even a gasoline engine will puke a bit of smoke when dumping the fuel to it.. I would have to say you will have to experiment and see..

2005 - HE351/A5K - ARP - Arson lll - 70HP Nozzles

The 03-04's are different based on piston design, so you will just have to play with it and see.

As far as the puff there isn't much you can do on these trucks to get rid of that and not effect total performance.

Smoke at throttle changes is caused by too much fuel, the only real way to limit that is with the boost limiter table, which is not available in UDC. You can tune some of it out with UDC, but going from 10%-100% throttle will smoke, on any rig!

I finally have a tune that is almost smoke free but power is down. And milage is 16mpg so that sucks! I compared yours to mine and they are not that different so what is the difference between 06pod and SSR? To bad I can't compare it won't let me! But I figure same engine would come to the same graph in either smarty configuration!? Going to bump timing up and duration and keep playing with it till its right! See you next year!

After looking at lawless &AH64 I'm going to bump my timing up in the Eng load20%-40% @ RPM range of 1200-2200 and see what happens. My current program is probably 2-3 degrees lower then we ere they're at.

This is the timing area I am planning on bring up. Curious to see if it will effect spool up that much.

Attachments

• lowT_Area.JPG
    lowT_Area.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 1
Increased timing there will slow spool up, and possibly increase smoke output, but all you can do is try.

I have played with timing that area a LOT, trying to find that happy medium between spool, smoke, and sustained EGT's. I went form really far advanced to pretty retarded and settled about where it sits in the sample file.

I like the way it spools, and moderate acceleration is about 800-850° with really no smoke. I won't know the sustained EGT's (towing) until next summer but I expect them to be pretty decent.

Last edited:
Ok guys, I'm having trouble looking at the sample files. I try to open it and I get this message when the dongle is plugged in

>Access to the path
C:Users\Karlheim\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_UDC
Samples.zip\UDC Sr Sample-sample.smarty'is denied.
(?)

And without the dongle I get

>In demo mode you can only open demo Smarty documents.
(I,3008)

Am I unable to view the files because I have a SSR?

Thanks
Jason

You have to save them, and then open them thru Smarty. Smarty won't open them if they are saved to the temp file.

The dongle has to be plugged in prior to opening UDC to see any files other than the 2 demo's.

I am able to view SSR files and I don't have SSR. Try saving them to the hard-drive and reopening.

You have to save them, and then open them thru Smarty. Smarty won't open them if they are saved to the temp file.

The dongle has to be plugged in prior to opening UDC to see any files other than the 2 demo's.

I am able to view SSR files and I don't have SSR. Try saving them to the hard-drive and reopening.

Thank you, i'll give it a shot

Anybody here please give a quick lesson on sending a file here for others to see!

Anybody here please give a quick lesson on sending a file here for others to see!

The file you want to send has to be Zipped down first (sent as a zip file) first... Reply as normal to the thread, make your comment and then attach the zip file (using Paper Clip Icon in the tool bar above the comments window)..

You also have to export a sample file, not your normal saved file.

Back