Ulsd

BigUgly

10-51
Hey Guys;
It looks like I may be able to get a newer Diesel later this year or early next. Right now it's between a Dodge (love the Cummins) or a Chevy (love the Allison). How have the LLYs been holding out with the ULSD at stock or at about 450 HP? Any changes in Power or MPG?
Thanks guys;
Josiah

Blue has been running fine. I don't track mpg enough to know if it changed.

I haven't noticed any difference but I use standyne with every fill up.

Thanks Kat and Otis, looks like it isn't a very big deal for modern engines.
Josiah

i posted this on another thread, but it is good info.

i have a 300 gallon tank at the house, it was full. i added one gallon of wal mart cheapo 2 stroke oil, so 300 to 1. i filled up my buddies duramax, filled a 125 gallon tank in the bed, another 50 gallon tank in the bed and 2 more 15 gallon tanks. and we took off on a 4173 mile road trip with 1 ton in the bed. this truck had never done over 520 miles on a tank of fuel, ever in 110k miles. i got 650 miles out of the first tank. and we got at least 550 from every other tank. even with the cruise set on 80 and hauling a 2k pound trailer behind us all the way home.
i suggest that every one try this, even at a very small mixture ratio as i did at 300 to 1. it more than pays for the 2 stroke oil in my test.

I haven't been tracking mileage either, but I do make sure that I put some addative in each time that I fill up... I use primrose 405.

Back