Um??

DieselMissy04

Learning!
Noticed a grease/oil looking buildup along the inside of my fenders and cant figure out where its coming from. Mostly just around the front passenger side fender, but is also on the other 3. Nothing on the tires..
5066bdt.jpg

could we get a few more pics? to me, it looks like mud on the inside of the wheel well

just trying to help

well its pretty dark out but i couldnt see any. and wouldnt that mean id have to have grease in all 4 wheels? and when i go to wipe it off, its not sticky like grease but comes off in chunks. and i forgot to mention that when i turn, my front end squeaks like hell-- not sure if thats related or not.

oh ya, and sorry for the freakishly big picture:doh:

WUnderwood said:
could we get a few more pics? to me, it looks like mud on the inside of the wheel well

just trying to help

i know im a girl and all.. but im not that dumb LOL
ive been in athens past couple weeks and have yet to ride a dirt road up here, and considering it just started i cant see where mud would come from. and besides, we dont have mud. we have georgia red clay.

I was thinking maybe a wheel bearing is leaking grease...or a dust boot on a tie rod or something like that.

Is it inside of your wheel well, also?

If so I'd hop under there and see if it looks like an axle seal is leaking. The fact that it comes off in chunks, however is odd.

I hate to ask...But have you been driving through any road construction and possibly pick up that tar-like crap? I know my crap's been covered in it lately just 'cause it's that time of year and the tires throw it up.

DirtyBlonde said:
Is it inside of your wheel well, also?

If so I'd hop under there and see if it looks like an axle seal is leaking. The fact that it comes off in chunks, however is odd.

I hate to ask...But have you been driving through any road construction and possibly pick up that tar-like crap? I know my crap's been covered in it lately just 'cause it's that time of year and the tires throw it up.

Shouldn't you be out fixing your wiring problem?? You wouldn't know the difference between mud and oil if your life depended on it. :hehe: :hehe:

Are you sure thats grease?

Kinda looks like guts from something that got ran overLOL

Ive had that exact look on the inside of my WS6s fender when I ran over a snake one time...

haha yeah well thatd be a helluva snake to cover the whole truck. so i decided to smell it today and it kinda smells like brown sugar.. but its got a red tint? and theres grease lookin stains after i wipe it off. maybe i ran over a bag of sugar with red food dye.

Just out of curiosity, did you clean it all off, wipe it down good til it was as clean as you could get it, and is it STILL producing said sweet red clumpage? or is it gone... That'd be the first place I would start.

I had a grease like that covering my fenders just like that a few months ago, it was bad wheel seals, just something to look at.

Back