Uncle bought new 2014 ford . I dont know chit about fords.

NicG

the only way to fly...
He wants to leave it relatively stock aside from a intake and exhaust.
I know dodge and what works for them.
Any input would be appreciated:beer:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Intake and exhaust, waste of money and time. Leave it stock or delete it and run a tuner.

I hated the stock tip, so I switched to an mbrp filter back. Looked better, but no change in sound whatsoever.

Nasty, what do u like about the ford vs the ram? I'm prob going to sell my mega and go with a new(er) Platinum.
Are the transmissions worth an F? I just hate adding a little fun power and all of a sudden ya need an 6k dollar tranny.

What will it hold up to? A lot? 600+? Ahh, ok... so you're saying it'll hold up to 600+?

The rods will certainly hold more than 600 if you don't murder them with excessive bottom end torque.

600 on a stock turbo? So long conrods... 650 on a 66/74? At your service!

Intake and exhaust, waste of money and time. Leave it stock or delete it and run a tuner.

I hated the stock tip, so I switched to an mbrp filter back. Looked better, but no change in sound whatsoever.

Don't even need to delete it really. That's only worth about another 20hp. My buddy has a 2012 bone stock other than a MiniMaxx. He gets 20mpg and I ran a 14.08 in it. CrewCab King Ranch 4x4. If it were me personally I'd just tune it and be done. Of course, I've said that about my last three trucks too. LOL

too bad there rods won't hold "up to 600+" :Cheer:

Really?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHwSGignzgY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHwSGignzgY[/ame]

Last edited:
What will it hold up to? A lot? 600+? Ahh, ok... so you're saying it'll hold up to 600+?

The rods will certainly hold more than 600 if you don't murder them with excessive bottom end torque.

600 on a stock turbo? So long conrods... 650 on a 66/74? At your service!

Since it's staying stockish I would assume it would remain with the stock turbo on it. But I do know that if you move the power curve up a bit its easier on rods, just like the dmax guys do to make their rods last.

Don't even need to delete it really. That's only worth about another 20hp. My buddy has a 2012 bone stock other than a MiniMaxx. He gets 20mpg and I ran a 14.08 in it. CrewCab King Ranch 4x4. If it were me personally I'd just tune it and be done. Of course, I've said that about my last three trucks too. LOL

Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHwSGignzgY

I will say both" touché" and "that hardly counts" to your video.

Since it's staying stockish I would assume it would remain with the stock turbo on it. But I do know that if you move the power curve up a bit its easier on rods, just like the dmax guys do to make their rods last.

if left stockish (IE, tune/intake/exhaust) I wouldn't worry a bit about the rods... the stock fuel system won't make enough power to hurt the truck unless you're just flat out trying to kill it

dual pumps on a stock turbo is a recipe for a window'd block IMO

I kinda question the rods not holding up after seeing H&S dump a ton of nitrous in their breaking point truck. The cylinder pressures had to have been extremely high and no windowed block. Who did the initial testing that stated 550-600 and you need $2300 rods? With some of the MCC tuning out there 550 is a common street driven truck these days.

Is there any real difference between 12, 13, and 14 models?
I will be posting my Mega Cab up for sale this week and will start my search.

Sent from my fphone

I kinda question the rods not holding up after seeing H&S dump a ton of nitrous in their breaking point truck. The cylinder pressures had to have been extremely high and no windowed block. Who did the initial testing that stated 550-600 and you need $2300 rods? With some of the MCC tuning out there 550 is a common street driven truck these days.

Who is putting down an honest 550 tune-only? I'm not talking ego stroking dynos like the guys reporting 600+ on tune-only 6.4's.

My 10klb service truck will stomp a ccsb 6.7 with Matt's tunes

Is there any real difference between 12, 13, and 14 models?
I will be posting my Mega Cab up for sale this week and will start my search.

Sent from my fphone

I would steer clear of 11's myself. I have friends with awesome trouble-free 11's, but for little price difference, you're in a 12.

13+ have some interior upgrades, but for the most part they're all the same 11-14. 11/12 make a little more power than 13/14 for whatever reason

Last edited:
Who is putting down an honest 550 tune-only? I'm not talking ego stroking dynos like the guys reporting 600+ on tune-only 6.4's.

My 10klb service truck will stomp a ccsb 6.7 with Matt's tunes

6.7's put down about 450ish in the tuner only category, although they seem to be getting a little better.

"Tuner only" is this custom tunes or H&S?
Is there any tranny tuning required for the 450hp ish tunes?
I'm really happy with the power of my 6.7 Cummins with just deletes and an AutoCal but i ended up having to put a $6k dollar tranny in it.
I dont tow heavy or hot rod it either, its my dd/highway *****.
I'm looking to stay away from the Ram this go around and hopefully find something as dependable (engine) with a better trans.

Sent from my fphone

I'm really happy with the power of my 6.7 Cummins with just deletes and an AutoCal but i ended up having to put a $6k dollar tranny in it.
I'm looking to stay away from the Ram this go around and hopefully find something as dependable (engine) with a better trans.

Sent from my fphone

That's H&S. Nope, stock trans will be perfectly fine.

Sent from my fphone

If you can get a H&S tuner they offer trans tuning... I have it in my 6.7 and it is much better than stock. It shifts firm and quick.

Is the H&S tunes a smokey hot mess?
I had a mm on my 08' cummins like four years ago and hated it. Sure it pulled like a sob, but egt's, smoke, and my rail popping off ever so often was enough to sell it fast.
I like smooth linear power that doesn't make me look like an oraler at every intersection or hill i come too.

Sent from my fphone

Back