Undercarraige and Bed Lights

can i run another form of a trigger(switch) to the relay to turn the lights on with out turning the interior lights on ect...????

8upwitHDs said:
Hey Bear... I just have one more question. Did you use a relay for each set of lights or just one for all (4) lights?

<<< Rookie...LOL

you can run up to 6 of these 55 watt 4.6 amp lights on a 30amp relay.. thats almost 28 amps so watch the wire size....

bcarriveau said:
can i run another form of a trigger(switch) to the relay to turn the lights on with out turning the interior lights on ect...????

Yeah, you can run a switch instead of wiring it to come on with the interior lights.

DCSpecial said:
Yeah, you can run a switch instead of wiring it to come on with the interior lights.

but also have the 3 normal reasons for the lights to come one, im thinking a rely with one poll but two separate triggers.

Last edited:
bcarriveau said:
but also have the 3 normal reasons for the lights to come one, im thinking a rely with one poll but two separate triggers.

I installed the Bed Lights mod today. I used a three position switch (on-off-on). This allows me to have the lights come on whenever the dome lights are on, I can turn them off all together, or turn them on manually without regard to the dome lights. Works great.

Use one of the outside lugs for the dome light tap.
Use one of the outside lugs for +12vdc
Use the center lug to trigger the solinoid for the relay (+ side).

Works very nice!:woohoo:

John

Back