Upcoming pull...

Southpawslingr1

Local fair time! Running about 700ish HP manual tranny. The track is a horse arena they do not water it. Between passes it get basically York raked. I'm running copper AT3s. Any ideas on tire pressure? It will most likely be soft crappy dirt. I run 1 inch suspension limiters. I'm thinking as far as gear selection 2nd on the high side. It's only two classes gas and diesel. So I'm up against guys bringing service trucks loaded with tools and duals. I know I'm getting spanked just trying to come as close as possible.

I would go 4 low 4th gear if you can. If not 2nd high would probably work. What gears in your axles?

I used to run 30 psi up front and 45 psi in the back on Toyo at's

Ulster county fair is where I will be pulling aug 1st. Had I known about the cobleskill event I probably would have gone. I thought the gear ratio was listed on the door apparently I was wrong. Where can I find this?

I figured thats what you were talking about. I live in highland so ill be there last year the track wasnt that bad definetly dry though. Cobleskill is this saturday. Where are you from if you dont mind me asking. And in my experience the vin will tell you your ratio.

tag should be in the glove box or under the hood... Maybe on the rear cover tag but i doubt it. If its a 3.73 truck run 4th low... 4.10's run 2nd high but be careful cuz the NV5600 mainshaft hates running the high side, and the G56 tranny just plain hates pulling. If the rules allow, just fully block the rear suspension. That 1" travel can cause a bad bounce and break ****. Also fab up some good trac bars if you already haven't.

I live in Kingston currently. Grew up in West Hurley. If you see me at the pull say hi. My truck is all black but the bumpers (soon to change), black grille, black crome bull haulers. My name is Trevor.
I have the g56 ill look tonight after work to try to find my gear ratio. As far as track bars go the pull is Thursday and I'm one busy dude. I'm havin a hard time finding time just to change the oil and whatnot. I have a feeling track bars are more of a project than I can undertake.
As far as the limiting blocks go as soon as I pull on the sled at all the truck sits on the blocks. Is this still going to be a problem?

Hitch height that one inch is a good bit. Every bit of hitch height counts. We make our own traction bars if you have a welder its nothing. Mine are bolt on or can be welded on to. If you want a set made ill talk to you at the pull. A weight rack would be sweet to but i understand the time thing. were working 11 hours a day 6 days a week right now.

I'm only about an hour from Kingston. Do you have a link to a site with rules and stuff, maybe we'll come play :rockwoot:

Last time I pulled there it was basically no rules. A gas class a diesel class and an unlimited class. Like I said I was pulling against utility body trucks with a full load of tools and dullies. Best bet may be to look up the ulster county fair online. 40ray if you are available coming up I wouldn't be opposed to taking a ride to highland to check out your set up.

Last edited:
Back