Update- Clay City

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Jimmy Smith went 10.11 on his first pass out of the box :woohoo:

"The" Jeff Garmon hung a rack and is threashing trying to get back out...

More later

joefarmer said:
More More More!!!
Well, if you would have showed up you would have seen what happened.

But, Jeff put his truck on the trailer.
Jimmy almost got into the wall.
The "Lucky Dog" is still lucky.
Darrin made an 1/8 pass and turned in a 12 second quarter on his licensing run before he had mechanical troubles.
I left before the brackets were over, but TS had almost all of the entries in the 1/4 finals.

and..........
I finally got my turbos to lite
60' 2.037
1/8 8.892 @ 79.531
1/4 13.802 @ 99.013
I launched at 10 psi and *nx* and the guy I was racing did what I asked of him to do. I asked him to give me a few seconds to spool the turbos up, I think I asked for too much time, and by then my clutch was getting hot and it slipped through half of 4th gear.
And my streak of breakdown on my way to races this year is still intact, I lost a fan belt 10 miles from the track.

Last edited:
Jim Layton won QD v.s. George. I'm not sure who won PS after Jimmy almost hit the wall we were all over there to make sure he and the truck were OK..

Thanks for the recap. It's hard to get to the races when your tranny's on the shop floor in 98237402 separate pieces.

brnaodn.

brandon we missed was a small field this week

I put a pic of comp up in the window and it scared john enough that I got him out of the lights :shake:

thanks dale for welding the finder on the trailer I owe you guys a big one

Jff24Gordn said:
Well, if you would have showed up you would have seen what happened.

But, Jeff put his truck on the trailer.
Jimmy almost got into the wall.
The "Lucky Dog" is still lucky.
Darrin made an 1/8 pass and turned in a 12 second quarter on his licensing run before he had mechanical troubles.
I left before the brackets were over, but TS had almost all of the entries in the 1/4 finals.

and..........
I finally got my turbos to lite
60' 2.037
1/8 8.892 @ 79.531
1/4 13.802 @ 99.013
I launched at 10 psi and *nx* and the guy I was racing did what I asked of him to do. I asked him to give me a few seconds to spool the turbos up, I think I asked for too much time, and by then my clutch was getting hot and it slipped through half of 4th gear.
And my streak of breakdown on my way to races this year is still intact, I lost a fan belt 10 miles from the track.

WAY TO GO WAYNE...good thing you didn't try that in Indy:p Would have destroyed me in our race:D

Chris

Video to play in 20 minutes live. Be ready for some retarded camera work, by me, LOL.
I haven't used this camera yet so I was getting used to it. This is the raw footage, I don't know how to edit. Remember, you can access all the videos by going to ustream.tv and searching for dieselnats. That was the login I used for Vegas.

Cummins Express said:
brandon we missed was a small field this week

I put a pic of comp up in the window and it scared john enough that I got him out of the lights :shake:

thanks dale for welding the finder on the trailer I owe you guys a big one
----------
George:

Thanks for great race between us and for the good "humor" in the post too!:rockwoot: As I promised you and others, I am not going to comment on any of that!:hehe:

I wish I could have done better when we raced. For the members that weren't there, in practice/qualifying I had made one good pass and ran an 11.54 @ 115 MPH with a 1.68 60 ft. time and ran 7.38 @ 94 MPH at the 1/8th mile mark. But,......at the end of the 1/4 mile I blew my PDR boot off of the passenger side intercooler pipe!:doh: When we got back to the pits and finally got it off, we found the boot was ripped inside. I had a new one but my clamps were also worn out and when you and I lined up, it blew off AGAIN! But,......I want to thank you and Jim Layton George for all your help and advice on this QD Class. As I told you guys, I am so used to running WOT all the time I have to practice on "backpedaling" some to NOT break out
on that 12.0 index time. I need more practice and tuning to get the truck to that mark.

I also want to thank all the guys that came over to help me repair and put that new PDR boot on including you, Jim Layton, Steve, Seth, Jimmy, Dale, and a host of others! What a great group of guys! Thanks to all of you!:hehe:

Also a big thanks to my good friends Jimmy and Dale Smith for letting me use their old "Hoosier Race Slicks/Weld Wheels" for the day. Man those tires mad a HUGE difference over my stock BFG'S!

Finally, as was already posted Jimmy Smith did ONE HECK of some good driving on his first race getting his Pro-Street Truck under control after it was sliding all over the track after he left the staging lanes! I thought he was going to hit the wall there and am DARN glad he didn't!!!! Jimmy,......you are the MAN!!:rockwoot:

--------
John_P

Signature600 said:
WAY TO GO WAYNE...good thing you didn't try that in Indy:p Would have destroyed me in our race:D

Chris
If you would put some tires on that truck, it might get out of its own way. :evil

Jff24Gordn said:
If you would put some tires on that truck, it might get out of its own way. :evil

Yeah, Yeah...the 17" wheels are sold, I'm gonna lose my butt on the tires! Trying to sell the 19.5's and go with something I can run everyday, and race on too!

Swapping tires was a nice theory, but I learned a few (expensive) lessons:D
Chris

Anyone up for a replay? Going to play again at 2:00 pm Eastern.

EMcBride said:
Anyone up for a replay? Going to play again at 2:00 pm Eastern.

Can't view it at work...site blocked.:bang How about later this evening too?

Back